or Connect

Posts by ilovejeff

AnyaRose and Princessjules,I will add you both to the list when I can log onto my real computer in the next couple of days
I'm a SAHM now, but was WOH before/after DD was born. I worked until the Thursday before DD was born at 41w4d. I had 6 weeks maternity leave, and had saved up 3 weeks PTO, which I used to go part time for the first 6 weeks I was back, then went back to full time when she was 12 weeks The 3 weeks of part time was a good transition for me and I highly recommend it if you're able to work it out.
I'm having a birth center birth with my HB midwife from last time, so my birth plan with her is "everything the same as last time, minus the retained placenta" . But I may do a newborn/mommy care plan in case of transfer.
I used a blowup fishy pool as well. Worked great for me, and then we washed it out and dd p,ayed in it last summer.
Baby boy is definitely "quieter" overall than DD was. He usually moves a lot when I first wake up in the morning, not just kicks but rolls or something - big movements. DD would kick all day long, but this little guy seems to rest more...fingers crossed for a good sleeper? Of course, it could be that the difference in my daily routine is messing with how much I notice the movement. I was sitting at a desk all day then, but now I'm chasing DD around, so maybe I'm only...
I have two you ger sisters, three and nine years younger than me. No broths, shaving a boy is going to be a whole new experience for me.Neither DH or I have ever been to China. There was two a few years back about organizing a family trip, including a stop in the village that DH's grandma grew up in, but a lot has changed since then...maybe in a few years. I'd like to go when both kids are old enough to understand their ties to what they will see.My most cherished...
I don't love Whole Foods (too pricey), but you're missing out on Trader Joes!Jeff and I started a new job on the same day and were in a training class together for six weeks. He tried to get me to date him for two years before I said yes. I had a rule against dating guys I worked with, but after he got transferred to a different department/location at the company, I finally gave in. Two months later, he drug me into a jewelry store and asked me what kind of engagement...
I refuse to drink the koolaid, lol. The nasty syrup stuff they give you is loaded with stuff I try really hard to avoid, so I do a modified test. Fasting blood draw, sugary breakfast, then another blood draw an hour later. I think that there are benefits to knowing if you have GD, but I question the way the test is done.
Good thing I just ate, or replying to this question would make me hungry! My usual TJ's list includes:Dried mangos (the kind that is unsulfered.)Nuts/seedsCoconut milk (half the price of even the Asian market...1/4 of what I'd pay here!)Organic whole wheat pastaCurry saucesRoot veggie chipsChocolate covered pretzelsChocolateUncured baconGoat GoudaWine (when I'm not preggo)But I usually end up leaving with other stuff in my cart, too. I can't get frozen stuff or much...
This has been a struggle for me over the past year and a half or so. I was lucky to have two close friends get pregnant right around the same time as me, all with our first children, so we had a built-in playgroup. But we moved across the state at the beginning of 2011 for DH's nursing school, and it's been hard to put in the effort to establish a lot of close friendships here, since I know that our stay is temporary. Add to that that we are living in a very...