or Connect

Posts by ilovejeff

I'm all about Hypnobabies! I have only been listening to the tracks at night (all night) so far this pregnancy. I get pregnancy insomnia without them, but I just but a playlist of HB on repeat at night and any time I wake up, I pick up wherever the track is and I'm usually asleep within a few minutes. After DH is out of school, I will listen with more intention of practicing on a daily basis. Iremeber feeling like I had fallen asleep even when listening with intention...
I was waiting until after DH's quarter ended to bring this up (in case we were on different sides of the issue...no need to have added stress right now.). But he actually approached it this weekend. We were talking about other things we decline (vitamin k unless there is a good reason, eye goop, etc.) and he said "we're not going to circumcise, right?". I said, "well I don't want to" and he replied, "I don't really see any point in doing it." Reason #129,567,456,231 I...
Your turn! Tell us abut your journey to being a chicken owner. Do your babies tend to be active at the same time? Are there any twins in your family? What is your favorite food?
DD and I went to Seattle to see the midwife and birth center this weekend. I am so happy to be back with my midwife that I love! I just trust her so much more than I did the flakey midwife here. And the birth center is beautiful! My sister commented that it will be like giving birth in a spa. I'm not even dreading the temporary move to Seattle from 38ish weeks until after the birth...of course, it is during the best time of the year there, so that probably...
Broodywoodsgal well said! I actually found Mothering when doing research about the effects of MMJ on pregnancy. See this article: [=http://mothering.com/pregnancy-birth/medical-marijuana-surprising-solution-severe-morning-sickness][/]. Sure, you can find a lot of things on the Internet that will tell you that marijuana is bad. Just like you can find a lot of things about cosleeping/extended breastfeeding/non-vaxing/whatever are bad. Don't drink the kool-aid, people! ...
Cute! I SO want chickens...someday...
Remember that they can't force you to do anything you don't consent to...so your plan of laboring at home as long as possible sounds great, and when/if you go in to the hospital, tell them that you DO NOT CONSENT to EFM, etc. And it might be a good idea to take the ACOG guidelines with you to your next consult, since they are more in ine with your ideas than the OB's.
The snoogle is the best! I had one last pregnancy, but my water broke on it and it got tossed in the bathtub in the spare bathroom for a few weeks before I discovered that it hadn't been washed...gross! So I had to throw it out. I'm pretty sure that DH didn't wash it because he was jealous of it...and honestly, he probably had cause. I would have given him up before I gave up my snoogle, lol. It's not in my budget this time, so I'm making due with a plain ol' body...
Haha, I think boys names are so much harder! I keep hearing girls names that I love, because of course, I don't need one. :P
Ok, Falicia, I added you to the list for July 16th.  :)