or Connect

Posts by ilovejeff

I would hold onto it til closer to the baby comes and see what you don't get for gifts. if you get *everything* you want new as gifts, still hang onto it....something will come up at some point that you must have immediately and don't have time to shop for used. Car seat, crib, and plastics (bottles, etc.) are things I purchase new. Older plastics could have BPA in them. I plan to get a new set of bottles for our new guy, even though I bought them new and know they are...
For salty and crispy, kale chips are my go-to. Super easy to make, just cut the kale into bite sized pieces, toss with olive oil, and spread on a baking sheet with a little salt sprinkled on top. Bake at 275 for 20 minutes or so, til they are all crispy. Yum yum yum! I can even get dd to eat more dinner by offering her more kale chips if she eats a few more bites. I just got anew blender a few weeks ago and have been making smoothies regularly, too. Bananas,...
Im 20 weeks as of last week...Tuesday or Friday, depending on which edd I'm using, but I'm probably half way about now, since I'm counting on going long. Dd was 11 days late, so I'm mentally preparing for later than earlier...watch, this little guy will come early and I'll be totally unprepared! I'm feeling overall pretty good, better on days that I get to rest/nap. No nausea in a few weeks and I'm no longer glued to the couch for most of the day. Dd has been...
Where is your favorite place in the world? Where would you like to visit that you haven't been yet? Do you like where you live? How did you come to live there? Tell us about you first date with your DH. When did you know you wanted to marry him? How did he (or you) propose?
Well, after talking about pretty much nothing else for the past day, we are currently considering Cameron or Max (havent even started talking middle names.). W both like Max, but aren't in love with any long version of the name. Our last name is only 3 letters, so I like the balance of a longer full first name, even though we'd call him Max. Cameron would be after my FIL's Chinese name, which is Kam Something (I forget ATM, he goes by his English name). We are also...
We're having a BOY!  (and a terrible time finding a name we like.)
DD came with us to the 12 week US and will come again tomorrow.  She is very excited to find out if she's going to have a brother or sister (her guess changes every day or so).  They are fine with her being there as long as there is another adult.  DH and my sister are both coming as well, so we are covered (and very excited!!!)

What have been your favorite ages/stages with your dd's? If someone gave you $1million, but said that you could ONLY do fun things with it, what would you do? If you had to choose a career all over again, what would you do? What advice would you give to your 16-year-old self if you could?
I read something on a blog the other day that I think you'd want to know....the four most important words you can know if you do not want your birth controlled by your 'care provider' are: "I DO NOT CONSENT".   Legally they can't do anything to you if you say that you do not consent (according to what I read...you should check on the laws in your state.)   That said, fighting your care provider sucks, and I would encourage you to try to find someone else who is more in...