or Connect

Posts by toothlesswonder

I am curious to know what your nursing and night sleep patterns are, especially after the approximated 12 month mark, when babies' metabolism changes. Answer whatever ones apply to you. 2 months ago, when baby was 12 months old, i kind of had a breakdown due to sleep exhaustion due to 2 hour nursing around the clock, and other health concerns. We explored the Gordon and Pantley methods a little bit. Gordon's idea of making waking at night a little less appealing, but...
still forest, yes i'm close to A2 and we drink well water, not bottled, so maybe there is something in there anyway, who does the special classes? (you could email me offline mr_roly1@yahoo.com) thanks kim for the website. i'll check it out
kiddoson, can you tell me what the book is and the 'points counter?' i'll do anything that is safe and healthy.
i got my thyroid levels checked and nothing abnormal showed up. i'm glad i'm ok, but disappointed because i thought it might help. for 3 months i've been really careful - no sugar, very little fat, no alchohol, small meals. i'm not dieting, but i'm watching that i eat well, i'm taking small walks and i nurse 12 month old every 2-3 hours. i'm 32. i haven't lost a pound and i'm still pooped all the time! i'm just feeling so blue, i have 60 lbs to lose and just wonder if...
so how did you do it?
saige, can you email me offline? i ahve a question for you mr_roly1@yahoo.com
i'm 11 mo post partum, nursing like mad, eating well, too tired and achey to exercise all the time but eating very well and still putting on the pounds! i need to lose about 60+ lbs!! wondering if it is normal to have these problems, or i should be starting to feel better finally and something is wrong?
i agree with some other moms - "our babies ourselves" by meredit small is so fantastic - it should be required reading for any thinking mom or dad!!! the idea of writing a book on biological constraints of infants from an evolutionary, medical and psychological perspective, and then combining that with cultural contraints on infants from an anthropological perspective is just so logical and so novel! i keep hoping she'll come out with a book about older children and...
i believe the book is a useful one to read, albeit, with critical eyes. she makes some strong comments that i find very important (about babies not having object permanence, and hence their TERROR when a parent is not very near), but others are absurd, in my opinion (like poor parenting explaining one's choice in purple hair dye later in life). also, she is not a "scholar" as i understand it, nor has she ever had children, but she does frequently speak of her monkey she...
this IS a very important show, i saw it last night put on by the local university. is it becoming a nation-wide tradition to have it put on during valentine's day? towards the end, there is a piece about childbirth by an older lady witnessing the beauty of her daughter's vagina (and heart) during the difficult vaginal birth of her grandchild. it was amazing. and during the monologue, they showed a slide of a baby's head coming from the vagina. the audience gasped, said...