or Connect

Posts by rightkindofme

My husband is Aspie, so not autistic. He's a computer programmer.    Is your son willing to learn anything about programming or design or anything like that? At this stage in history if I had a child who was willing to dive headfirst into producing content on a computer (regardless of whether I like the content or not) I would personally let them just do it all day. I know a lot of people who have made very good careers out of starting out that way.   However if...
I have water issues. What I have done is buy a soda stream. I know that carbonated water is still not "as good" as still water straight from the tap but the carbonation allows me to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day without a problem. When I'm stuck with still water I often just can't handle it. I grew up with kool-aid and soda being the beverages of choice. Despite this not being a "perfect" solution it is a significant improvement for me. Progress not...
Thanks. I'm a whiny, Insecure baby.
This thread started talking about the picture of a father bottle feeding his child in a stop smoking ad.
My mom is consistently a size 2 or 4. I am consistently a 12 or 14. I am built like my paternal grandmother. Genetics are interesting.
Ok, my thing about spills: everyone makes mistakes. If we react with hostility or anger when children make mistakes then they learn that making mistakes is bad and often by extension that they are bad for making mistakes. I think that mistakes are how we learn the most. The fastest way to learn about something is to go make as many mistakes as possible as fast as possible.   To that effect I started handing my kids shot glasses of water at 6 months old and by three...
I live in Fremont and I've just got to give it a strong plug. My husband has often commuted to Redwood City from here. He can comfortably commute almost anywhere in the bay except for San Francisco and that's just because train + muni takes too much time and parking is so expensive in the city.   Fremont is substantially cheaper than all of the surrounding cities. We don't have a great school system though folks are trying hard to rally. I'm planning to homeschool so...
I'm extremely hostile towards skinny-bashing so I'm sorry you have been on the receiving end.   I'm going to say something slightly judgey. How about if you stop worrying about weight at all. It's not about how much you or your daughter weigh. But if you put crap in your body you won't be healthy regardless of size. Get the crap out of your house and things will be ok.   Maybe she will always have a belly bigger than you like. Maybe she will hit the dreaded oh no...
Mummoth--that's a great picture!   I like looking at pictures. So I put little wall hooks in the walls and put string between them and attach lots and lots and lots of pictures with clothespins. Frames take up too much space.   I love that my kids wander around the house identifying friends and relatives and talking about how important these people are to them. My kids are 2.5 and 4.5 so their ways of expressing this melt my heart. "Dat's grandpa! Me love him so...
With my older child she rear faced exclusively till she was 19 months then she did about 25% of her time forward facing. Around 3.5 we put her forward facing in both vehicles. My younger child started having about the same percentage of forward facing time starting right around 24 months and she isn't going to be forward facing for more time for a long time.   I have them forward face in my husband's car on road trips because that way I can hand them things and...