or Connect

Posts by rightkindofme

If he has a separate legal residence I'm pretty sure you are allowed to change the locks. Talk to a lawyer and talk to a therapist because this situation is complicated and heavy. I'm sorry. :(
Nuts, cheese, fruit. You need to get bulk and protein into her body. Veggies and fruit provide physical bulk to help you feel full and things like nuts and cheese provide you with longer lasting energy. Get the empty carbs out of the house--they don't do anyone any good. Jerky is often quite lovely.   I am 5'5" and I hit 145 lbs in high school. I wasn't fat. Not even slightly. If you go through and actually evaluate mortality data you will find that people in the...
Have you ever heard of the book Don't Shoot the Dog ? Even though it is not all that socially acceptable that is probably one of my biggest parent-behavior-training books. No I don't think my kids are dogs. But treating them like non-rational beings I have to sometimes deal with is useful for my brain. I love this book. It has been very helpful for both me and my husband.   And from the husband point of view--it's not exactly hand-holdy and woo woo. It's concrete and...
My kids sometimes went through periods where if they were too hungry they would start sucking really hard then essentially drown in the milk. I had a very overactive let down and it kind of choked them sometimes. It was easier at night because they weren't nursing as hard so my let down wasn't as fierce.   For us getting bigger solved the problem. I hope yours goes away with time too.
Raw milk for $7/gal?! That sounds so awesome. Here it is $16/gal so we get a quart a week and don't get to enjoy big tasty glasses of milk any more. *sigh* I miss drinking lots of milk but I just can't afford it at this price.   Almond milk just isn't satisfying to me in the same way. I might as well drink water--so I do. :)
I'm a wacky extremist. I set my kids down when required during that period (I do sometimes need to use the bathroom alone--sorry kid) but otherwise they were kept in a carrier against a body--either mine or my husband's. Have you heard of the fourth trimester? The short explanation of it is that humans are born kind of under baked. Giving them as much of a womb-like experience for the first three months of life is something that folks recommend. A number of cultures...
My daughter gained a lot of extra pudge while tandem nursing. I think it was the extra creamy younger baby milk. But my oldest was still nursing as much as my newborn until I forcefully weaned her at three because I couldn't handle it any more.    Breast milk is incredibly dense calorically. It will make them pudge up. I get out and move with my kids. We go on 2-5 mile walks several times a week and my kids are 2.5 and 4.5. The 4 year old can walk 5 miles without a...
Once my kids were over ~18 months I could deal with hand expressing enough milk to reduce the pressure a little. I only did it once with each child but they both were fine with having a daddy-only night. By 18 months I was letting my husband handle bed time pretty much every night because I was starting to freak out from too much one on one time so it was a smooth transition for us. :)
Given that I am friends with the former leader of the meeting I attended and her opinion is that the people there are shaming, dogmatic, and overly aggressive with mothers--and that is her opinion after being a leader for two years and just an attendee for a long time before that--I'm going to continue to be unimpressed by your attitude here.   I think that strongly implying that people who don't want to live in a trailer forever so they can nurse as long as their...
Breastfeeding isn't the sole source of issues, but the people above me are more articulate. :) I night nursed my kids and didn't wipe their teeth and they both have perfect teeth. But I started brushing their teeth/tooth once a day as soon as they came in. Dental care is ALWAYS part of our life.   Kids in my family usually have all their teeth rot out before four. I'm paranoid.