or Connect

Posts by rightkindofme

I don't get dressed on lots of days. I righteously tell myself I'm cutting back on laundry.    It sounds like your anxiety and mine are different and like my coping methods might hurt you. So I don't really know what else to suggest. :( I overload my brain with possible futures and then micromanage how I will respond to them and then I can relax because I HAVE A PLAN. But it doesn't sound like it works like that for you.   What things lower your stress?
There is a whole movement called Health At Any Size. It's a great place to start for all kinds of points of view about healthy living. :) You can google it and find lots of good stuff as well.
Part of how I deal with the ongoing changes in what my kids need from me is I read year by year development books. Otherwise I don't know how to have appropriate expectations. I just don't understand kids. They are mystery to me. :)   Do you feel like your relationship with your husband is actually unsustainable or do you just feel like you want to run away? Those are very distinct situations. Something that I do is go on road trips with my kids. When my first child...
I apologize for saying that mothering is just getting knocked up; that was inappropriate hyperbole. Other than picking a great father for my kids you and I have made pretty much the same choices. And I weaned my children at earlier ages because I didn't want to kill  them. But I actually think it is a good thing that you were able to handling nursing for as long as your children needed. I couldn't do that.    Mothering is a difficult thing to do. But it is more about...
I said "Bottle feeding is now the norm for our species" (or something very close) which is both inaccurate and pretty idiotic. I meant that it is the norm in our American culture. I grossly misspoke and that completely changed what I meant. I apologize for that.   In my view if you want to change culture you need to do it in a way that doesn't cause people to feel like they have no shot of making it to "good enough" without an effort they currently see as...
I think it is great that your daughter spoke up in defense of her values. That said--I'm an evil chicken killer and I can live with that. (The chickens live well first and aren't tortured--I promise.)   In a similar situation I would coach my daughter towards saying, "I have very different values on this topic--can we please change the subject?" I think that kids have every right in the world to ask for topics to change in social situations, just like grown ups. I'm...
    Uhm I stayed home and nursed from the breast exclusively making economic, social, and career sacrifices. I don't think I am holier than anyone. I am judgmental, that's absolutely true but it has nothing to do with how I fed my kids. I don't feel like I am misguided for choosing to stay home and not work. I don't feel backward. I seriously don't feel anti-feminist.    What I feel like is a mom who made one set of choices that are neither superior nor inferior to other...
Ok, since I'm being insulted. Let's start from the beginning of this argument. Sustainer I am going to pull out the biological essentialist arguments from your posts.   " Little girls, who will be mothers some day, and need to learn what to do by watching other people, are watching the commercial and being trained to think that the way babies are fed is with a bottle."     I see you have a problem with the idea that a little girl might grow up to think of...
I have ptsd. I smoke for anxiety and anger control. I use sativa because indica makes me fall asleep on the couch instead of being productive.
I know why you sound judgmental. I noticed in this last post. It's this whole Sacred Bond of Nature stuff.   Uhm, nature isn't sacred. Do you know what is natural? Infanticide.