or Connect

Posts by sparklemom

Quote: Don't worry about the need to belong because you are already a part of an eternal link with the source of all and it can never be broken. Only love is real. i love that. nice reminder. thank you. anyone ever look into trancendentalism? sp?! and literature from the enlightenment? it speaks to my soul, and it's comforting to me as i'm reading about it.
momma unlimited I really appreciate your wisdom and think you are probably right on. I just have to keep reminding myself of this from time to time when it feels "lonely" as it is. But truly deep down I have a feeling you are exactly right. Faith...sometimes it doesn't come easy. By the way, I am also a fan of the Zietgeist movie.
I really relate to your post. It's actually the very reason I came to this forum. Your spiritual position resonates with me. It's frustrating for me because I don't feel like I truly "belong" anywhere. I accept that burden for myself, but it bothers me that I don't have a spiritual community to raise my children in...for support and an extended family feeling. I was raised in a very tight-knit religion up until I was 14 years old. We were Seventh Day...
I need your tips on organizing a pantry to function efficiently and simply as possible. I need a system in there to simplify things, and I thought you all might have some suggestions. Right now it's just a closet stuffed with stuff...all kinds of boxes and cans and this and that. I'm wondering about using clear plastic containers (though I prefer glass to plastic) to store pasta, for example, instead of all the boxes (I've purchased a good bit in bulk). We have a...
how neat that you posted. i started this thread, and it was neat to read my original post since it was written before the birth of our third child. i gave birth to our fourth child 4 1/2 months ago, so it's been busy here! personally, my transition from 2 to 3 ended up being very smooth. i had a lot of anxious feelings before she was born as is reflected i my post. but everything was really relatively easy with adjusting to three. it really really helped that my...
my parents studied their way out as well. they hold a lot of resentment towards the church. as for me, i had fun as a child being raised in the church schools,...and at 14, when we left the church, endured a bit of culture shock. but i transitioned well and am overall thankful for the experience. sometimes i think my folks would have been better off having never left the church. my father is an alcoholic and they have a very codependent emotional roller coaster life. ...
what is ghost ball sensitive??
anybody know of long term problems?
my husband is planning to get a vasectomy soon. please share with me the good and the bad about them. we are done having biological children, but i'm still a bit nervous about the vasectomy for him. please reassure or warn me. thanks!