or Connect

Posts by cat_astrophe

My innocent little H2 comment started a whole ruckus. Let me clarify: The H2 is hubby's fantasy car. It is purely a fantasy. He wants it for hunting trips out in the middle of nowhere where there isn't even a dirt road to drive on. There is absolutely no way we could afford one in the forseeable future, though, so with all due respect, get off my back. As far as the car I drive, yes, it guzzles gas IMO, because it gets around 20mpg. Ideally, I'd love a...
Can I join you in not feeling guilty? I don't have a SUV, but I drive a 1993 Buick that gets about 20mpg because it was something we could a) afford at the time and b) could get 2 carseats into without an exhausting struggle (unlike dh's Saturn or my old Toyota). I would love a mid-sized SUV if only for safety reasons. And... **warning: not for the faint of heart!** Dh wants an H2 mainly for his hunting trips. One day, when we can afford it, he'll probably get...
I'm not good at recognizing breeds except for a few (boxer, chow, rott, doberman, dalmation, poodle, chihuahua....that's pretty much it :LOL). I had this image in my head of what a pitt bull looked like, but it turns out to be completely wrong. The neighbors had a visitor over who brought his dog that turned out to be a pit bull. My 4 year old ds asked to pet it, so the guy got the dog out of the car, and I thought it might wag itself to death! It was extremely...
For a minute there, I thought you might be my best friend posting here, but she doesn't have kids yet. She was adopted from an orphanage in Korea. She celebrates her birthday in August, but doesn't know for sure.
Praying hard....
We antagonize each other in a million ways. He tried the dutch oven maneuver, but I very quickly showed him that he was vulnerable in that position... We even have our 4 year old son fanning farts at me and Daddy. D*mn! Now I need a new user name! I really liked this one.
My dad passed away 4.5 years ago, 3 months before the birth of my oldest son, because of prostate cancer that went undetected for too long. I felt about him the same way you feel about your dad. He hung the moon. I looked up to him in so many ways. Both of my boys have his bright blue eyes witht eh mischevious sparkle and his unruly blond hair. I so wish he was here to see them. I lost my mom just over a year ago to breast cancer, so my children will not know either...
Prayers sent!
I'll pray for your mom. Everyone seems to get sick this time of year. I think it is the stress of the holidays. I hope your mom gets some rest while at the hospital so her body can heal.
Yes, I said that to my husband. I am always venting about in-laws who cause me trouble, so I thought I'd share a little about this wonderful woman. (This might get long) It took me a few years to get used to Mama J*. She is quirky, to say the least, and she was apparently born without a filter between her brain and her mouth, so she often says things that sound harsh to someone who doesn't know her, but she really cares a lot about people. Also, she shows affection...