or Connect

Posts by davesadoll

Hello! I am a mother in Kansas City and would like to become a Doula. I have two children and am expecting #3 here shortly. I find that my pregnant friends are always looking to me for advice and technique information, as I've done lots of research and reading on the topic of homebirth and unmedicated birth. What a reward to be able to help a woman through prenatal, labor, delivery and postpartum care. Please advise me on how and where to get started. I am annxiously...
Hello, I am a mom of 2 and pregnant with #3. My sonogram at 21 weeks showed the baby is in breech position. My doc is not concerned at this point, but I am! I am planning this delivery to be unmedicated, and the thought of a breech delivery scares me to death. Tell me what the odds are that the baby won't turn for delivery, and how will hte dic know? Another sonogram? Please advise.
Thanks to all of you who responded to my "I want to try an unmedicated birth" posting. I have enjoyed reading your advice and stories, and I feel more empowered than ever. This is so wonderful! I feel like I've just found out I have all these sisters I didn't know about.... Let me ask you this, in hiring a Doula, what is her main focus? I think I would be almost afraid to hire a Doula, for fear that I would have to have the epidural and feel like I disappointed her...
Hello, All! I am a mother of 2 and am pregnant with number 3. With the previous births I had the epidural, and both experiences were terrible. I found the epidural process and placement more stressful than the delivery! I am hell-bent on doing this one drug free. I've been studying books, particularly on the Bradley Method, because Lamaze just didn't work for me. I couldn't stay on top of the contractions to use the techniques I'd learned. If you have an...