or Connect

Posts by mindymom

Quote: Originally Posted by thekimballs So no, I would not say that dogs WILL get out, nor that they WILL do damage if they get out (hopefully the owner is freaking out and searching for them and giving them no time to do damage). If it did happen, I would be horrified and embarrassed and make it right. Which is exactly what I'd do if one of my cats got out. So it sounds like you are a great dog owner and I really applaud your efforts. I did...
Quote: Originally Posted by KayleeZoo Breeding 2 dogs with crap genetics doesn't negate the bad stuff; it may dilute it to a degree, but it's really the same thing as "2 wrongs don't make a right". Not to contradict your main point (on which you probably have more knowledge than I) but breeding 2 dogs with crap genetics does negate the bad stuff, in a way. Anytime you increase the size of your breeding pool you decrease the proportionate...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekimballs So guinea pigs should go outside too? And rats? And ferrets? The fact is, we keep in animals that cannot be safely contained outdoors. If we decide to own animals that are dependent on us for their lives, it is our sacred duty to keep them and other animals safe and give them good quality of life. If you are not willing to do that, or you have concluded that the proper way to keep the animal is not compatible...