or Connect

Posts by treehugz

Nope, not ridiculous. I HATE having people in my house, especially if I don't know them well.  We live in a small house (~650sqft) and with two kids it's always a mess.  It's fine for the four of us, but when we have people over, there just isn't any room for everybody to sit or play.  We usually get together with friends at the park.   I'm a huge introvert, and none of my close friends have children.  I despise the artificial, kid-centered, awkward things called "play...
 Yes, Viola.  This is exactly the attitude that I'm talking about and why I started the thread.   
Okay, thank you!  I'll try not to worry so much about it.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.  I'll keep up with the two iron meals a day and one meal with dairy. 
This stinks!  I don't think I even knew what scrutiny meant until I became a mom.  I certainly never felt scrutinized for my choices when I was in the working world before kids.  I think you must be right... sounds like it's like apples and oranges.  Lol, sounds about right.  It's nice to hear that from someone who knows both sides. 
My pediatrician told me at ds's 12mo checkup that I need to start giving him at least 8oz of cow milk (or equivalent cheese, etc) a day so he will get enough calcium.  I don't want to cut one of his breastmilk feedings to do this unless I have to... what do you think??   Some background... my ds was born early (36 weeks) and has had low iron.  I've been giving him 2 meals of iron-rich foods daily, plus the otc iron supplement, and his iron levels are on their way...
  So true... why is that, I wonder?  People who have out of the home jobs spending time with kids still get to complain... like teachers and day care workers... and they only have to (get to?) spend time with kids for around 40 hours a week, and I think everyone agrees that kids save their worst behavior for their parents.  (And here I am in NO WAY saying that teachers and day care workers shouldn't complain. :) )  But people whose job it is to stay home with their own...
Subscribed to the newsletter... I'd love to see articles on: 1. homeschooling with multi-age children, and especially with a baby in the house who defies rhythm and needs lots of attention 2. the mechanics of school at home... finding a place for all the different activities and for all the supplies, especially in a small home 3. support for the teacher to prevent burnout
Got another comment this week to add... I was talking with a working dad who is married to a working mom.  We were talking about our gardens, and I said how I just don't have enough time to keep up with the weeds.  He says "tell me about it... and you're home all day!"  Grrr.  The extra irritating thing is that I wasn't even really making the point about being so busy that I don't have time.  I was just trying to say how we've had so much rain and the weeds have grown so...
I will ditto all that... 24/7 or very close to it.  It's not just you.   I think I agree with what you're saying here, but I want to add a question that I've been wondering about... is it really in fact possible to have it all?  Maybe sometimes you can't have everything you want, at least not all at the same time.  Sometimes having everything means not having enough time for any one thing.  Sometimes you have to make tough choices and then live with the choices we've...
Good points... moms with older kids in school would be a whole different category.  Certainly they would have different days than moms with two young children still in diapers... or with an older child who is homeschooled.  Lots of variations.