or Connect

Posts by treehugz

Yes, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who couldn't understand those numbers, lol!
  I like the trade-off way of looking at it.  You're right, we all have to make choices.  And everybody's situation is different, so different choices.   Great points.    I like this approach.  If I want to dodge the topic I can do the "glad that works for you" reply.  If I feel more assertive, I can call them on it to clarify what exactly they mean.    Thank you for calling it exactly what it is.  Regardless of any truth behind the statement, it is still...
  You're so right.  It's important for me to remember not to compare... but when other people do, it's really hard to not get defensive!!     Yuck... that does sound really hard.  Okay, so maybe WOH/WAM is more work.  Generally, I do think I'm fortunate to be able to stay home... but when other people imply that I have it SO easy and yet it doesn't feel easy at all to me, I get a little annoyed.  It's not like I'm sitting on the couch while the kids feed me bonbons all...
Being pregnant is hard enough, but pregnant with older kids to take care of is super-hard!  Lots and lots of hugs!  Can you cut down to the barest of bare minimums and let the rest go for a few months till you get back in the swing of things?    My dh does many chores/errands when I'm in late pregnancy (and on bedrest) or with a baby (till 1yo) in the house.  He picks up the slack and is really helpful around the house now.  After my first dc was born though, we...
I've heard this comment a couple times jokingly from a WOHM mom friend and it's been implied sometimes less jokingly from others.  What am I supposed to say to that???  Is it TRUE?  Do WOH/WAH moms do everything I do as a SAHM plus work a full time job?  Having never worked another job since having kids, I really don't know and I really want to.  If I were to get a job some day, would it be that much extra work? 
My ds went through a period of green poops too.  In our case they were definitely due to foremilk/hindmilk inbalance.  He was eating short meals so only getting foremilk.  I began making sure he fed for longer (15+ minutes when he was a newborn) on only one side at a meal.  After a few days he was back to yellow poo.  I think I also had some overactive letdown which made him pull off and fuss while my milk was spraying... he would be gassy too.  The gas was a big problem...
My ds is 9mo and has low iron.  His hemoglobin was 9.4, his straight iron was 35, and his ferritin was 9.0.  He was born early at 36 weeks.  His pediatrician wants to prescribe him an iron supplement, but I'd like to avoid it if I can, but I'm not sure if I can get him to eat enough solids to help... we started solids at 6 months, doing baby led weaning, and he doesn't eat very much, more just playing with the food and maybe licking a bit off his fingers.  He's only...
That's awesome... and what a cute, happy baby!  I'm sure you are relieved with the great growth report.  Keep up the good work!
Hmm... ditto Nazsmum's suggestions to get a weight check and talk to a lactation consultation.  Seems like if you were engorged with plugged ducts after switching to a schedule, she may not have been eating as much.  I'm definitely no expert, but a few thoughts, for whatever its worth...   How many minutes does she nurse at feedings?  Not eating much at feedings could mean she's getting foremilk (think water to satisfy thirst), but not much hindmilk (the good fatty...
Sounds great... I'd love to give it a try with my wee ones.