or Connect

Posts by treehugz

I'm 5'2" and have a really short torso.  I have an Angel Pack, which is a soft structured carrier, that fits me well... my dh can use it too after adjusting the straps.  We still prefer the Baby Hawk though.
I'm 5'2", my dh is 6', and we both love our Baby Hawk.  It took us from ~3 months to ~3 years.  I also used my wraps a lot for the first year.
Love the ideas!  I'm in the same boat with my daughter (5yo) since the baby was born.  I'll second the idea of going out for coffee... I get decaf since I'm breastfeeding and she gets a not-quite-so-hot organic milk steamer.  We just sit and talk and she loves it.  The first time we went a couple months after the baby was born, I felt like she was a stranger because we really hadn't had any quality time together for so long.  It was a wake up for me.  One other thing to...
Yes, my labors were similar to my mothers'... not to my sisters' though.  My mother delivered all 4 of us very quickly... my older sister was born at home because they couldn't get out of the house quick enough.  I was delivered in the hospital elevator with a nurse.  My first labor was under 4 hours... I didn't know I was in labor till probably 1-2 hours into it, so really more like 2-3 hours.  My second was 1 1/2 hours or so.  They were extremely intense, but over...
I've just gotten started with Nourishing Traditions too.  Here's my to do list, which is in a mixed order of what's easiest for us and what's most important... we're practicing #1-5 now.  The biggest challenges for me are how to meal plan and organize so the prep work will get done, the money to make some of these switches and buy quality ingredients, and lack of access to raw milk and quality meats.   1. Soak beans ... we'd already been soaking them, but not for as...
Here's the latest about a proposed CPM bill in NC.  I believe a CNM bill will be introduced this session too. http://www.indyweek.com/indyweek/legislation-would-decriminalize-midwifery/Content?oid=3369078
To post an update... my husband did LOTS of experimenting with the box to find out what was going on.  I think arthritis is making it difficult for my cat to "squat" down.  He's sort of peeing in a more standing position so the pee was going over the side of the box.  What works is to only put a teensy amount of litter in the box in the corner where he pees... only enough to absorb one or two pees.  And then keep the corner where his nose goes completely empty... this is...
Do you have any good reading to explain why to avoid grains?  I understand avoiding sugar, but not the grains... what if they're whole grains?  We eat oatmeal nearly every morning, sprouted bread for sandwiches for lunch, and usually rice, quinoa, or whole grain pasta for suppers.  No grains would definitely be a challenge!
I'm trying out this recipe and the xylitol gum.  Dd has a small cavity in a molar that the dentist says will need to be filled at some point.  He doesn't want to put her through it now since she's only 4yo.  We'll try this for a few months and see how it goes at the next checkup.
  LOL!!  Tell me about it!  I bought a jar for a recipe that called for one tablespoon, then after I made the recipe I discovered another practically full box of it hidden in the back of the fridge!  Who knows how long it had been there... probably from when I made that same recipe last time.  So now I have a box and a jar, minus one tablespoon a piece.  Argh.  Thanks for the suggestions... I'm gonna add it to anything calling for flour and my oatmeal till it's gone.   So...