or Connect

Posts by treehugz

Yes, exactly!   Just remembered one more thing... the Lactation Consultant also suggested that I could try pumping some of the foremilk out before latching ds on so he wouldn't have to wait for let-down since he was sleepy  and could get to the hindmilk quicker.   I'm terrible with pumps and hand-expressing, but fortunately my 4yo dd remembered how to breastfeed and was eager to try, so she would breastfeed for a minute or so before I put ds to the same breast.  
Just remembered one more thing... the Lactation Consultant also suggested that I could try pumping some of the foremilk out before latching ds on so he wouldn't have to wait for let-down and could get to the hindmilk quicker.   I'm terrible with pumps and hand-expressing, but fortunately my 4yo dd remembered how to breastfeed and was eager to try, so she would breastfeed for a minute or so before I put ds to the same breast.   
pek64, thanks for sharing your story!  The pediatrician said their standard procedure is to send anyone with a level over 20 to the hospital for the triple light therapy... under 20, they do a bili-blanket at home.  After we left the hospital, we still used a bili-blanket for 3 days.   Oh, I forgot to add that our hospital pediatrician was surprised that ds's bili level went down so quickly in the hospital, from 21.5 down to around to 13.5 in less than 24 hours.  She...
We just went through jaundice treatment a few weeks ago and I thought I'd share our story in case anyone else searches for help down the road!  To sum up what we learned... the treatment can mess up your breastfeeding schedule, so make sure to breastfeed for long sessions, that's 20 minutes on one breast at a feeding.  Here's the story:   At day 5 our preemie (born at 36 weeks) went back to the hospital for jaundice treatment... he had a bilirubin level of 21.5.  We...
We just went through jaundice treatment a few weeks ago and I thought I'd share our story in case anyone else searches for help down the road!  To sum up what we learned... the treatment can mess up your breastfeeding schedule, so make sure to breastfeed for long sessions, that's 20 minutes on one breast at a feeding.  Here's the story:   At day 5 our preemie (born at 36 weeks) went back to the hospital for jaundice treatment... he had a bilirubin level of 21.5.  We...
I had the green poop problem a few weeks ago with my newborn/preemie.  It was definitely a foremilk/hindmilk issue for us, and making sure ds was nursing for a longer time at every nursing session fixed the problem within a day or two.   Ds had to go back into the hospital at day 5 for jaundice treatment (after my milk came in, meconium was all out, and he was having the normal yellow poops).  The treatments at the hospital messed up our normal bfing schedule and his...
I put our 4.5yo to bed first at 7:30 with a book, story with lights out, lullaby, back massage, snuggle to sleep.  I bring the baby in to bed when I'm ready for bed around 10.  We have one big family bed... actually it's 2 full beds side by side.  Sometimes I nurse the baby while putting dd to bed, and if he wakes up and gets loud, dh takes him or I get up with him and dh takes over with dd.     Dd's old enough to shorten the routine or learn to go to sleep on her...
Did you find a solution to this?  My dd still had phases at 2yo (maybe even 3yo) where she woke crying during the night.     
I'm a worrier too.  I didn't stop worrying about SIDS and the blankets on our bed till dd was probably over 18 months.  We put our mattress on the floor when she was a baby so I wouldn't worry about her rolling off (which I did anyway even though it  was just probably 10 inches) and I never felt safe enough to bring the bed frame back in, so we're now sleeping with a mattress plus box spring on the floor.  She's 4.5 now.  She occasionally sleeps over at the grandparents...
I'm thinking ahead to cold weather and brainstorming what I can wear to bed to stay warm... I'll be night-nursing a little one who likes to sleep next to the breast, and I'm paranoid about blankets so I'll only pull blankets up to my waist.  I have wool long underwear and sleep sacks for ds so I'm not worried about him staying warm... but I know I'll be freezing without my down comforter pulled up around my face! Our house has a wood stove, no central heat, and the...