or Connect

Posts by treehugz

I haven't figured out a good position/set-up for a tiny boy yet... I didn't start EC with my dd till she was 6 months, and what worked for her just isn't working for a little boy.  We've been holding him over the smart potty or toilet but he's too limp/wobbly for me to hold him in a leaning back position... and he fountains over the splash guard pretty often.  He gives great cues for pee and wakes up crying if he needs to go, so I'd like to try to catch more if I can...
Okay, the vet said that he has no sign of a UTI or kidney disease, so that rules those out.  He does have some arthritis though, and the vet said most likely he is having trouble getting into a good position in the box.  He said he once had an older cat with arthritis who did the same thing for years and he just dealt with the messes.  So... he said one option is to try some arthritis meds (glucosamine/chondroitin) and see if that helps after a month.  Or we can keep...
  This is what I'm afraid of... I still feel like dd is too young to not get into things while I sleep... I don't shower when home alone with dd for the same reason.  For those of you who have a "safe" room for your kids to play in while you sleep, how does this work?  Do you lock them in somehow?  Or do you just trust that they won't come out?  Do you trust that they won't get into things?  My paranoid mommy brain can come up with all sorts of things my dd *could* get...
Yes, he can get in a box without a door opening... the opening for the box now is probably 6-7" high and he climbs in fine... the sides are probably 8" or more.  I'm afraid without a door opening he will just back up to whatever side he enters from and pee right over the edge, you know?  I might give it a try anyway and see what happens.  He used to back up into a corner and spray down the side of the box, which I guess is why I first got him a box with a lid.  Since I...
The training pads are a great idea!  I'm 7 months along now, so I think those would get us through till I can take back over.  Tell me more about the large box w/low entry... does it have high sides and just a low entryway?  I've looked at Pets Mart, but I don't remember seeing one like that.  And yes, we were worried about toxoplasmosis... I probably won't worry about testing since I'm this far along.  
Argh... well, there's pee on the floor again in the same spot.  I looked at the Cat Attract litter, but I don't think it will help since he's never had problems going in places outside the litter box and he's still climbing into the box, just "overshooting" the lower edge of the box out the doorway.  Not sure what to try next.
Thanks for the ideas broodymama!  I took the lid off last night, so we'll see if that helps.  He's been to the vet twice since this started, so I don't think it's a UTI... he's due for another check-up soon though, so I'll go ahead and schedule that so we can rule it out.  I'll look into the Cat Attract... I'm willing to try anything right now!!   
My cat is 22 years old, and for the past year, he's been peeing out through the door of his box.  We have one of the boxes with a top cover.  This started when I turned his box 90 degrees to fit better in our bathroom and it only happened occasionally.  I read somewhere that cat's develop preference for a corner of the box to go in, so turning the box confused him.  But by the time I read that and turned the box back, it was too late and just confused him more. ...
Any suggestions for how I can nap with a newborn while my older dd is awake, safe, and playing/content/quiet?  I'm 8 months pregnant, I have a 4yo dd, and I'm a SAHM.  I remember when my dd was little that I napped with her almost every day for probably the first 6 months or longer.  When my 2nd baby is born, I'm wondering how/if I'll be able to nap with the baby since dd1 doesn't take naps anymore.  During my first trimester, I was so tired in the afternoons that I...
  No, as I understand it, this particular incident only affects the homebirth CNM midwives who lost their supervising physician.   The 2 NC birth centers were not affected by this and are still seeing clients and have been taking in the CNM's patients.  The latest I've heard is that the Midwifery Joint Committee has given these midwives a final deadline of August 31st to find a new supervising physician... only one of the affected midwives has been able to do so so far...