or Connect

Posts by fergie830

Sometimes even continuous epidurals don't continue to work for a mom as she expects.  Sometimes discomfort can come back all over, or just on a certain side or spot.  Nurses help roll mom back and forth to allow the medication to use gravity to cover all areas, but sometimes the anesthesiologist has to come back and give another bolus of medication even for a mom who has a continuous epidural.  And sometimes they don't work at all and a Mom feels no relief.  When they do...
I'm really, really happy this thread is helping you feel better.  At the end of the day, my wish for all birthing women is to have positive birth experiences... whether that be home or hospital, medicated or not, vaginal or c-section.  But one thing is bothering me, and that is the assumption that Hypnobabies moms are missing out on mysterious, magical pain-coping techniques by not taking a hospital class (which mostly teaches medication choices and maybe some patterned...
I'm really so sorry you had a difficult experience.  Have you considered speaking with a therapist about your experience?  I know this can help many women who have had a challenging birth prepare to give birth again.    When I took Hypnobabies class, I remember them saying the very first week that Hypnobabies does not promise a pain-free birth.  They said that many factors can affect a women's experience, but that practicing and using the techniques during the birth...
how is belly mapping outside DONA's scope?  At my DONA training we received the fetal compass rose, though not much else was said about belly mapping.  It was definitely not mentioned as one of the things that are out of scope...