or Connect

Posts by Minxie

You might also want to check out the Gentle Discipline board. There are lots of great ideas there, even if you don't subscribe to GD.
Totally agree and it will take some time. Be patient and give them extra love while they transition to the new arrangement.    
I disagree with this. Part of parenting is doing stuff with and for your kids for their benefit, not yours. He should suck it up and bring his son to practices; the OP would have to do so were practices on her time.    
1) He's stable & secure, emotionally 2) He's a lot of fun/you have a lot of common interests 3) He's ready to commit & cohabitate when you are 4) He is very intelligent 5) He's stable & secure, financially/career 6) He wants a similar future, in terms of having or not having more kids ( + parenting style isn't totally out of whack with yours as far as you can tell) 7) He's a good fit with current kiddos 8) He's socially simpatico with your style/tribe 9) He's...
There's a guy at work who has been flirting with me. He's too young for me but it's nice to flirt with someone.
I don't have a lot of experience with this as my ex lives several states away and goes more than a year without seeing our son but...   ...I can offer a suggestion for dealing with your two-year-old. Don't remind her that she's going to Dad's house until you know he's on his way. Then if plans change at the last minute, at least it's only you who will be impacted.
This is my ex. He earns six figures and regularly receives promotions and raises. He then complains that I am avaricious when I email him that the daycare tuition has increased another $100 or health insurance premium has increased. We don't have anything formal between us; he pays less than what his state would allow and tells me that I am putting him in the poor house with my demands for his money. He actually said that I was jealous of his success and trying to glom...
My DS went through this also. I found it helpful to talk with him about how he was feeling, modeling what I felt was more in line with his concerns.   "You sound very upset with me. Are you disappointed that we can't go to the park right now?"   It's kind of the same thing as with two-year-olds when they don't have the words to express their feelings.
A divorced coworker of mine splits that time with his ex-wife; they have 50/50 but she's still considered the CP. He will take the first day and she does the second, or whatever works best for the schedules of all parties concerned. They hate each other, BTW, but they're doing what's best for their kid.
My son will be 5.5 (Feb b-day) when he starts this year.