or Connect

Posts by HoosierDiaperinMama

Get a nursing tank from Target. They are $16.99. ETA: I am a 44 DD(D when I'm nursing) and I still love the tank.
If I have to be gone, we use an Avent bottle with a slow flow nipple.
My DS started doing this around 12-14 wks. of age. I figured out finally he either needed burped or to change position. He likes the cradle hold for the right breast and the football hold for the left. Could you try to change positions?
For me it had been almost 8 yrs., so I refreshed my copy of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.
I think nursing and decreased sex drive go hand in hand for some. I know it's that way for me. The last thing I want to think about in the course of a day is THAT. Nursing is tiring and it literally drains my body of everything by the end of the day. My DH does.not.get.it. I feel bad for him b/c I know it must be frustrating, but I try and reassure him it won't be like this forever.
Quote: Originally Posted by phrogger Well I wouldn't say all daycare workers are lazy or just want to do it only for the money, I know that isn't my intention. I do it because I didn't want to leave my son and after working with special needs children in behavior intervention, I figured childcare was the next best option. If I couldn't keep doing what I was doing before and loved, I can care for children and hopefully catch a few and help them before they...
I think a lot of women give up because they are given so much misinformation. They are constantly being barraged by formula companies and the "convenience" of ff. They are swayed into giving the baby formula for whatever reason and they've already started down that slippery slope. And support is so important. Surrounding yourself with women who share your views on bf'ing, who have btdt, and who may have been through some bf'ing challenges themselves, is invaluable. I...
So they want to give him cereal and feed him more so they can appease him for longer? I would be really irritated. IME, and I have worked with several daycares over the last few years due to my last job before becoming a SAHM, the daycare employees that I had experience with tended to be lazy. They were working in a daycare because they needed the money and because they couldn't find any other job (most would freely admit this), not because they were totally dedicated...
I can't say that DH was limiting my choice (putting a timeframe on me) but he didn't really "get it" either. He assumed (wrongly) that I would be done bf'ing once DS is able to start solids. When I mentioned to him that my goal was 1 yr. and probably beyond, he was stunned. However, now that he's seen the powers of breastmilk () he is not so quick to open his mouth. Especially when he sees those around us who are spending $$ on formula. He is still bothered by NIP and...
Our DS' have the same birthday! How cool! Anyway, it sounds like your DS is running about the same as mine in the # of oz. he takes. I usually pkg. my milk for the freezer in 4 oz. increments and he will generally take all of it. He also eats every 2.5-3 hrs. My question for the daycare would be why do they think he's still hungry? What are they seeing to make them think that? Also, don't let them bully you into starting cereal. That is NOT their place, imo. You...