or Connect

Posts by ghannit

How old is the older child? What are this childs behavioral issues?
Oh YES, to this part. Sigh... I suppose I do notice these moments coming. It's typically about her wanting to be respected as a decisive, self-determining individual. I say this because she has said "I just wanted to do it myself" on occasion, post tantrum.   I have read that it's common for some young children to say "I hate you" with the words based simply on ego and developmental frustration. I've yet to get that comment, but then DD was a late talker, sooooo... ;-)...
I too have a just-turned-four-year-old (DD), and a 3 month old (DS), & I strongly relate. I was warned years ago that 4 is surprisingly tough, and wow, it is. The grumpy/cranky or silly/happy thing you referenced rung very familiar to me! Sometimes I long for age 2 or even 3. For all of the difficulties of those ages there was not this intense sullenness or this intense hyperness.    I often say that she really is becoming a child now, and is no longer a baby... for...
Anna (3 years old) and myself at 7 months pregnant. August 2011.
Even without vaxing, I take my almost 4 year old DD and my month old DS to the doctor regularly. They have not been sick, so I go simply to maintain the relationship.
I "delayed" and ultimately declined all vaccines for my now almost 4 year old DD. She has never been sick with more than a mild cold (even when those around her are all ill).   I had your worries too. I remember how great they were, particularly when my DD was an infant.   A friend recommended that I come to this forum for guidance and reference, and it helped get me through those worries as well as helped me learn about vaccines from a different angle than the...
A friend (and I) are from Dartmouth and she is trying to find a Dr. who might not be inclined to push vaccines for her 2 month old twins (although she is undecided about if she will or won't).   I can't seem to find any info about this anywhere... & my own doc does push vaxes strongly.   TIA!    
Filled it out for my un-vaxed DD. Thanks for the link. Very interesting...
I just finished watching this, and I thought it was very well done. Heartbreaking in parts, but that is the important reality.   Good balance of opinion, and I liked that it showed a variety of families dealing with different vaccine injuries.   I can't say I learned anything new myself (having been researching for years now), but I know that had I watched this 3 years ago I would have learned a lot.   Now I'm debating linking this on my facebook while it's...
I take 4000 to 5000 IU of D3 a day. I'd easily feel fine with taking up to 8000.   Doctors are great resources, & I'm thankful for mine, but they are only human. Many simply don't have the time or inclination to look into newer research (particularly in areas such as vitamins). As a patient, you have a right and a responsibility to think, research, and advocate for yourself (& your baby).   Either way, I agree that it's up to you.