or Connect

Posts by ghannit

I understand your panic, but you (and your daughter) are not alone at all. I got my period at age 10 in 1986. My best friends were age 11, 12 and 14. My little sister was age 13. I was not chubby, and my mother got her period at age 14 so who knows why I began earlier. I am 5-4, and have always been an average height.    Precocious puberty is defined generally as onset before age 7 or 8 in girls. It doesn't seen abnormal for your daughter to be starting her period...
I just happened upon this, and had to reply. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I wish I had adequate words to express it.
I know that when I inquired with the Health Department (almost 3 years ago) about separating the combo vaxes, I was told that N.S. has only what it ordered, and that they didn't order tetanus alone. I was also told by them (or rather a woman I spoke to representing them) that I needed to vax my daughter for the sake of other, less healthy children.   Since then I've been pressured by my Dr. to get the Polio vax for DD, and not to worry about tetanus. I've a wonderful...
I use probiotics ( http://www.inno-vite.com/en3/products/Probiotics/detail.php?prod_id=AD-09-05&cat_id=4) with my dd (2 and 10 months old). Started using them when she self weaned at 21 months. I usually add it to yogurt or a smoothie at breakfast.   My daughter is incredibly "regular", and has never experienced constipation... but i actually don't credit the probiotics for that as much as the fats in her diet. I add olive oil, coconut oil, or butter to everything i...
So I thought this was interesting as I began watching it last night with my partner (who is constantly on the fence about supporting my own non-vaccine stance). Seemed to be following the Casey Anthony case at every turn... until it suddenly segued into what really came across to me as an awkward turn. Into a fear-mongering, pro-vaccine statement. It was almost as though the writers had to insert this vaccine "info" into the story all of a sudden. It was insanely...
Just as a rough example of the constant arguments I keep getting as for why I and my 21 month old dd should be getting the flu shots: "Get it and get your kid it. Can you spell Polio? I don't understand the issue as they have been producing Flu vaccine for years ..this is just a different strain not a different process. Chances are that you've already had a vaccine with adjuvant, and mercury. Heard of anyone dying of the vaccine?" I'm curious as to how most of you...
Quote: Originally Posted by gentlemango I'm confused? I thought that olive and safflower were both unsaturated, being vegetable oils. Isn't coconut and palm the only saturated veg oils? Also I thought safflower was one of the 'bad' oils that contribute to heart disease? Like any refined oil? I try to only use extra virgin olive or unrefined coconut oil for our oils, correct me if I've got it all wrong! : I'm wondering about this too...
That is so moving. Thank you for sharing. Always very nice to hear the sweet stories of co-sleeping. Also nice to hear the sweet stories of men parenting!
Quote: Originally Posted by Equuskia But I don't think anyone is saying for dads to stay away. What they are saying is, instead of leaving baby with dad, separated from mom for hours or even days at a time, to have dad visit the baby at mom's house, or for mom and baby to go as a unit to dad to visit. Because for the first years of a baby's life, especially in the beginning, mom and baby are a unit and should not be separated unnecessarily, whether mom is...