or Connect

Posts by meetoo

I have a preschooler who I have no plans to send to preschool, but I will not be homeschooling k-12, so I don't really post here. We do a lot of fun play things.  I don't use worksheets/lesson plans or follow any type of premade curriculum.  :) 
I would skip the house and get the furnishings. My kids build houses with blocks. Or you could even do some kind of art project and build a house out of a sturdy box. :) 
The Preschool Busy book is a great book. Lots of ideas most are fairly simple.     Best Preschool   this is a great site written by Lillian who is on mothering. :)    Preschool express   this is another great site. Try checking out the calendars. It gives simple things to do everyday. :)    There is a book called "Look at Me I'm 1,2,3"  which goes into quite a bit of child development.        As for you, get some sleep mama! Sleep is a need, not a...
ya I've given up on that lol. He'll quit when he is ready. What he did was take his weekly smoke budget, buy the machine and filters and tobacco for that week. It came to about what he was spending on smokes anyway so it' didn't feel like it costed anything. Now he is spending like 10-15 a week on smokes. 
Could qualify for daycare aide and work once the baby comes? Also in my state any the income limit for heating and healthcare are quite generous. You will be a family of four soon. I can't imagine a min wage job would put you over the top......   On the smoking my DH bought a rolling machine and rolls his own filter smokes. It costs much less, he figures about 2$ a pack vs 8+ a pack. The machine he bought was about 50, but it was more then worth the investment! 
  When ever you snip up posts or someone has a opinion other then yours on a message board it comes out as "Judgmental' to some people.  If I go snip up Lab's post it's very judgmental to parents who choose to send their younger kids on time. We read into posts what we want to see sometimes. I thought most people were quite polite. Nobody got rude, most people agreed there should be some leeway for parents to decided even if we did feel holding back is getting out of...
Many parents on this thread mentioned kids that they sent on time that are doing just fine. I have a child who was four at the start of the K year and doing just fine. It would have been a disaster to hold this child back IMO.  I also had a child who was already five at the start of K and struggled a bit. Age doesn't always matter. Some kids are going to struggle a bit in school always or just in the first few years...... Most posters including myself mentioned giving...