or Connect

Posts by Patchfire

I have three - 9, 5, & 1. I was convinced throughout my pregnancy that #3 was the last one. While I was in labor, I kept thinking - "I'm so glad this is my last one!" Even staring at my newborn, I knew - this was my last baby. Until she was about 12 hours old, when suddenly I realized I was so NOT okay with being done. So... we go back and forth. We're planning to move because the house isn't quite big enough & right for three. We have the minivan. If we do have a...
I had an intense fear of the "what if" surrounding death. I truly didn't believe there would be an issue, but I carried fear for my older two kids. I was very conscious of being afraid of "letting them down" if dd2 were to die, plus there are plenty of stories about DFACS/CPS involvement. One thing that really helped me was the fact that I was able to talk to a former caseworker for DFACS in my county. Without going into detail, she was able to assure me that even if...
Let's see... I bought about $130 in various birth supplies, including a pool, and our FSA judged those expenses reimbursable. Other herbs, essential oils, et cetera, I would have purchased if I had had a midwife. What I did do with the savings was see a massage therapist every two weeks. Bliss! :
Quote: Originally Posted by sha_lyn The Girl Scout Council of Greater Atlanta has a wait list of hundreds of girls. We need more leaders desperately. There really is no way for the council to help you unless you are willing to be a leader. Then Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta should stop running off their dedicated (homeschooling) leaders. Their staff people should stop making accusations of classism, racism, gossiping, and lying. I'll...
I didn't use a doppler. We did have a fetoscope but I knew it was unlikely we'd use it during labor. I probably was somewhat assured by the fact that with my son, the mw arrived 30 minutes before he was born, so obviously, I wasn't having FHT checked. I remembered the very calm assurance I had during my first daughter's birth (hospital) when they wanted to check FHT. I told them that I knew she was fine. The nurse made some noise about "just because she's moving doesn't...
I just use my GP for everything. Most GPs aren't going to really care where you have your babies, as long as you aren't asking them to provide prenatal care. The key there is just finding one who doesn't think that you have to avoid all medications while breastfeeding.
we will be there!
Hey, you. Look up CHE - Creative Home Educators. There's a yahoogroup with everything you could ever want to know. Okay, close to it, anyway.
Ahh, don't tempt me with the Safeguard! Must. Resist.
Okay - as soon as the tax refund from the state comes, I'm going to get ds a new seat. He's barely barely fitting into his Blvd. and probably if I could check more closely I'd be unhappy with what I found, height-wise. He's right at forty pounds, four years old, and so very far from being able to sit properly in a booster seat. However. I do want him to be able to buckle himself, at least some of the time. We'll be in a carpool situation starting in the fall where I...