or Connect

Posts by Hedwig_Fly

I know first-hand how hard it is to eliminate corn completely but I have to say for my DD2 it has been completely worth the effort. She never tested positive to corn on any of the tests IgE or IgG but from observation we know 100% corn is a no go. She had terrible eczema on the backs of her legs and bum, her cheeks always looked red and chapped, and even the pads of her feet and hands were leathery and cracking - all those either went away or got significantly better...
I think it's hard to know for sure because it really depends on the severity of the allergy. Last year DD1 had a peanut allegry in her class but could still have a peanut butter sandwich she just couldn't sit at the same table as that student. However my friends DD goes to school with a peanut allergic child that is so allergic they ask the parents of students to not only eliminate sending any peanut products to school but also not to feed their child any peanut products...
I totally agree with what mamafish9 is saying. The natural calm won't really hurt and it does such amazing things. I take it all the time and I give it to my 3 daughters all the time too. I would strongly recommend you try it. I also strongly agree with backing away from grains. I can't imagine how bad her guts are feeling without having a bowl movement for that long. If she's ok with coconut I would recommend letting her eat coconut oil off the spoon. My girls love...
I'm so glad I found this thread. I read it last night and forwarded it to my parents. We have talked for a long time about moving to a small farmette, with one house for my family that has a big kitchen and a smaller house for my parents. In the past few months I've been thinking more seriously about it and MY parents love the idea. My DH wouldn't mind the arrangement as he gets along really well with both my parents and all my siblings. One of the biggest issues...
I haven't ever posted to this forum before and I don't know if any of my three girls are gifted but I would say they are all advanced in their speech. When my oldest was a little over 2.5 years old I was talking to my DH about maybe going to the library for group reading time. We had just recently signed DD1 up for preschool and while we knew she was very ready to go, we worried because her birthday is really late (late in August), she is a sensory seeker, and was...
We sometimes use just organic coconut oil in place of lotion. I rotate coconut oil and aquaphor. I use the aquaphor to help seal the moisture into her skin. The nice thing about coconut oils (as long as you’re not allergic or intolerant) no worries about the little ones eating it.
Oh boy - I can imagine how overwhelmed you're feeling right now. My middle DD had intolerances and when we received her test results back and it showed 21 different items we were definitely shocked and overwhelmed. One lucky part for us was that we were already milk, gluten, and mostly soy and corn free so removing the rest didn't feel so much like the world stopped turning - it just was in slow motion for a bit while we figured out how to feed her safely. Take a couple...
We like this cake - as another alternative. Maple/Coconut Cake: I started with this recipe from Allergy-Free Cooking blog. http://angkantz.blogspot.com/2008/09...-birthday.html and changed it a bit so our recipe was 1 c. buckwheat flour 1 c. sorghum flour 1/2c. potato starch 1/2c. tapioca flour 1 t. baking powder 1 t. baking soda 1/2 t. salt 1 t. guar gum (1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use on 9 x 13 pan rubbed with a bit of coconut oil and...
Here's a couple helpful links for corn derivatives and corn free products just to get you started: http://www.cornallergens.com/list/co...ergen-list.php http://corn-freefoods.blogspot.com/ I personally think corn is the hardest to eliminate but using the two sites listed above really helped me get started understanding where corn is and what products I could at least feel a little more comfortable using. I also visited the Delphi Corn group (there are links from...
Maple/Coconut Cake: I started with this recipe from Allergy-Free Cooking blog. http://angkantz.blogspot.com/2008/09...-birthday.html and changed it a bit so our recipe was 1 c. buckwheat flour 1 c. sorghum flour 1/2c. potato starch 1/2c. tapioca flour 1 t. baking powder 1 t. baking soda 1/2 t. salt 1 t. guar gum (1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use on 9 x 13 pan rubbed with a bit of coconut oil and sprinkled with sorghum flour. Mix the above together...