or Connect

Posts by J-Max

Just popped on to add, my friend that has 5 girls had a BOY this morning!  We are all in shock.  :D  Now just wait to see what we have!
Ugg, pants.  I really have to have pants on most days, so I am rocking XXL Old Navy Capris sweats (so they fit almost like regular pants), and my knee high Muck rubber boots.  Not Sexy, but my cows don't care, lol
I have friends that made up a combination of their last name and use that for their kids.  I thought that was such a cool idea :D Just FYI, I had a different dad and different last name than my parents and my siblings (long story, but I was raised by my mom and step-dad who had lots more kids together), and it was a pain, and we ran into the issue Caledvwlch talks about above often, and it was really frustrating as a kid.
I know exactly what you mean :)  A boy would be fun and exciting, but we have the girl thing down so well :)  Plus I really hate the notion of we were just trying for a boy and now we will stop, YK  This is more than likely our last and I kind of really love the idea of all girls, even thought DH would love a boy.  With the last 2 I was really hoping for a boy, and now I am really wanting a girl, just to make my life easier :D  But we will be happy with what ever we have...
Mares - What a hard decision.  I vote for the birth center if you can make it work, but only you know what is best!  Have you met any of the midwives at the birthcenter?  Maybe that would help you decide?  I love baby chicks :)  DD#5 and I went and picked up feed this morning and the feed store had tons of baby chicks.  we spent an hour playing with them :)  DH really hates chickens, so they are one of the few animals we don't have (those and pigs :D)   We turned our...
I am the animal side of this :)We live on DH's family ranch (126th year and our kids are the 6th generation).  We have a large commercial cattle operation, as well as conventional (but not GMO) Alfalfa, wheat, and barley, and a few sheep left for the haydays, as well as I personally have 30 head of registered show cattle, plus we have show steers for the kids and show goats.  We raise all our own beef and lambs, have a milk cow, and trade for chicken, eggs, and pork with...
I so understand this.  We have a necrotic (I say with love) cat.  I found her as a 2 week ish old kitten and bottle fed her and she has "issues".  She is 9 now and last fall I bought a new catbox and she suddenly stopped using it :(  She would pee on the clean towels in the bathroom, or anywhere she happened to find a damp towel left.  I did take her in and she had a bladder infection (this was after a few weeks of trying to deal with it myself) but the vet and I both...
I am here too.  I am crazy busy we are almost done calving - just 2 more to go, and then the kids head into baseball - I will have 4 kids on 3 different teams!  I come and look when I have some time, but don't spend a ton of time on the computer right now :)
I am pregnant with my 6th, and calving my herd of registered cows (so I head to the barn every 3-4 hours during the day and sometimes the night).  I am completely wiped out.  I fall asleep by 9 every night, but often am awake from 3-4 ish, then up for the day before 6. Yesterday and today I have done thing by sit on my but in front of the computer or drive to the barn yard and back.  My house is a disaster and I am so blah.  My oldest is gone to an out of county...
-Name: Jessica -Age: 33 -EDD: July 27 (but may be moving baby has measured considerably bigger last 2 appts) -Location: eastern WA -1st child/2nd/3rd...:6th! -Baby's sex: Still debating, I want a surprise, DH is dying to know!