or Connect

Posts by yellowPR

Quote: Originally Posted by Oriole To the OP: It should be absolutely fine to go to such functions. It's okay not to go just to keep the peace, and it's okay to feel sad about it, too. Thank you, I think you are the first person to really validate my feelings like that. It actually brings tears to my eyes. Usually everything I feel, think or try to do is wrong. I want to go, I want to show my SS how important he is to me by going, I want to...
Ahh, DH and SS's mom were never married. They were in a casual relationship and SS was unplanned. After she became pregnant, DH decided to give a relationship with her a shot because he wanted his son to have a better family life than he had. They lived together for about 2 years, so some of that could apply. I am sure she probably wanted to get married even though they fought constantly. A few years ago I did call her, she was causing a lot of tension with DH about me...
I would never try to present myself as his mother or try to hide info from her! On the contrary anything that comes home on our days that looks important I remind my SS to show his mom. I had SS pick a special recipe to make for her on mother's day etc. I really do not understand why she is so threatened by me. I choose to stay home because I do not want to subject my SS to an uncomfortable situation. And I know that she would give my DH a lot of grief over it, and he...
Do you think that it is overstepping for a SM to want to go to Back to School night and Open House? SS's mom threw a fit when DH brought up me going a couple years ago and since then I stay at home to keep the peace. SS's Open House is tonight and I toyed with the idea of revisiting the issue but decided against it because things have been going very peacefully. I try to be very respectful of her role as mom, I don't try to step on her toes. I don't think that attending...
Well the immediate consequence was that he had to come inside early, but this does not seem to affect too much as he will just go to his room and play.
I think all you can do is offer to educate them about breastfeeding. It would be easier if they were on board with you but that's not always possible. When I was nursing DD, I was able to nurse in front of my mother anytime. It made my father uncomfortable and he was always asking me to cover up. I would just explain to him that DD would not tolerate a blanket over her head. My DD was a temperamental fussy little nurser and we used a nipple shield (huge mistake I was...
My DH and I try to follow a gentle discipline approach for both my SS (8 years old) and DD. I find that with my SS, it is often more challenging as he was not raised AP and his mom does not follow AP in her home. Don't get me wrong, he is usually a very well behaved boy. Its just hard to feel as in-tune with him as I am with my DD. So this is where I need some help. This past weekend, my SS asked if he could go play at a neighbors house. This is not a little boy that...
I think the way you handled it was great. I probably would have said "Oh honey, chips don't go on the floor. Let's clean it up." and then started to clean up. DD has hit a stage where she likes to help me clean up her messes so she would probably join in, but I wouldn't try to force it. I don't know if that is normal or if I am lucky she thinks its fun to copy mommy DD is forever dropping her food on the floor. If it as at mealtimes, I will tell her to let us know "no...
I also buy the Dannon Plain, full fat yogurt for DD and I keep frozen fruits on hand that i defrost and mix in with her yogurt. She loves it!
I usually eat within an hour of waking and I am up before my LOs. DD eats a big breakfast around 9:30am, naps about 11:30-1:30, We eat lunch together when she wakes up from her nap, snack time around 3 or 3:30, then dinner together around 5:30 or 6pm.