or Connect

Posts by RedWine

Quote: Originally Posted by Lillian J And they're meant to be sexy looking? I know that's a style that's happening these days, but I suddenly recalled a summer outfit I had when I was little that was bare belly, and it wasn't meant to be sexy but just pretty and summery. I drew a picture of what I wanted, and a neighbor who was like my adopted grandmother made up a pattern and sewed it for me. I don't want to come off like a naive dope, but is it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lillian J : I'm afraid I have to agree with that. And I feel so sad for grandparents who are told their gifts to their grandchildren are not acceptable because they're whatever... Love and respect and family are so precious, and childhood is so fleeting... - Lillian I think it depends on the individual situation. If my mom tried to give my kids a bare-midriff shirt...sorry, that goes against our principles and...
Quote: Originally Posted by mags Wow, I could have written your post. When my DH met me my first semester at college he was like, "what hole did you grow up in?" Truthfully, he probably found it pretty entertaining to hang out with me, b/c when it came to pop culture, you would have thought I had come from another country! I had not seen a lot of the popular movies or tv shows that were commonly known. b/c my parents forbid it, and I was just generally...
There's only one reason I ask my girls to follow that rule -- if my daughters take off their socks, one sock will go missing. We were just at one of these indoor spaces two days ago. Dd1 pulled off her socks when I wasn't looking...it was 10 minutes or so before I realized she didn't have them on. I asked her to go find them, and she could only find one. I had to go through the whole structure, looking for the friggin' sock. We left without it (I never found it),...
Quote: Originally Posted by MonkeyPrincess I was a child who grew up with ALOT of forbidden fruits. I knew there was alot more out there than I was allowed to be exposed to. That only led me to want to grow up faster, to get out my parents house faster. I wanted to be part of the choices made about me...I wasn't allowed to watch movies with cursing, and I grew up to curse anyway. I wasn't allowed to watch violent movies, and I grew up to not watch...
Everything JessicaSAR said.
:
I'm in. I am really tired of the clutter!
Quote: Originally Posted by Debstmomy How about for a teenage girl who LOVES musicals??? She knows the story. I know, I should see it first, but have no desire to see it. She wants to go with her theatre/drama friends. If you're okay (and if she's okay) with her seeing slasher flicks, then she'll be fine.
Saw this tonight. I am a HUGE Sweeney Todd fan (I'm a big fan of Sondheim in general). I've seen two stage versions -- the recent Broadway revival and the old version with George Hearn. Here's my review of the movie, FWIW: Johnny Depp -- fantastic. He obviously doesn't sing like a Bdwy pro, but he sings well enough for his interpretation of this character. He was great as the dark, brooding, mad Todd. Helena Bonham Carter -- she was okay, but her voice was...