or Connect

Posts by heveasoul

Congratulations, Beth and Jesse!!!! Welcome, Meredith Ella! Thanks so much for sharing your birth story!!! Can't wait to see photos! Pls include me in any emails of pics you send!
RIP Shannon. My heart aches for Steve, Molly, and Isla. How devastating for them. May her strength and courage be a legacy to support them through this loss.
So is this solely an after-nap event for everyone here? It is for us - I mean, he sometimes wakes up grumpy in the morning, or in the night, but grumpiness, while not fun, is a piece of cake! Episodes like this do ruin the afternoon. It seems especially trying when the weather is gorgeous outside. As in, hey, kid, you could be having fun splashing in the pool right now, instead of taking this hour to flip out, just in time for me to have to get supper ready some...
The frequency of very bad nap wake-ups has increased lately with my 28-month old. And grumpy would be an understatement. Screaming crying. Inconsolable. Rarely open to distraction. He really seems to be on another plane of consciousness. It's not like any kind of crying he might have at any other part of the day or night. It's like he's having some kind of psychotic episode. Had a bad one today. To me it seems like he's horribly overwhelmed, like he's woken up at the...
My son is 26 months. I've also been unable to find anything. I've just started using Spry Infant Gel, but up until today I've used a Himalayan Salt solution (a few rocks of Himalayan salt in a glass jar filled with water), or sometimes just plain water. I will likely alternate the salt water with the Spry infant gel. For now, he seems quite taken with the novelty of the new toothpaste.
I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I don't have much to add to the reactions - everyone's prettymuch said it, and I mostly wanted to post to send some support your way, a hug, and reassurance that it's not because you bf and coslept. It is terribly unfair that bad things happen to people who do their best for themselves and their children, esp while witnessing others who are willfully ignorent and reckless and yet seem to get by with zero cavities, disease,...
Quote: Originally Posted by maybeknott Is it called Calc Phos? I found this http://www.homeopathyworks.com/product.php?xProd=11983 Is that pretty much the same thing? Thanks I think so...mine are from Hylands. http://www.hylands.com/cellsalts/ I'm not entirely clear on the difference between the little round pellets we've taken/he's taken, and these cell salts (they are larger and flat and round).
I'm new to this area of mdc... Congrats, Destinye! This is our story... I took my almost-2-yr old to a ped dentist two weeks ago and was shocked to find out he has 4 cavities. Of course the only options presented were fillings with oral anesthesia or general anesthesia. We have an appt at a holistic dentist on March 4, and I've also since had a consult with my ND. We're on calc phos tissue salts (6X) upon rising, and calc fluor tissue salts (6X) at bedtime....
OMG, we tried our Braun today, and it was like night and day! In fact, he was kicking up a fuss when I took it away, lol! I feel the need to limit how much he does it himself, though - we're afraid he might press too hard on his new enamel...you're supposed to brush with a light touch, and let the rotating brush do the work. So, thanks for that tip, wow!
Glad to hear we're not the only ones torturing our child...the amazing thing is, though, that after a screaming battle, when I say "all done!" - he's all happy again. So I agree, it's just a non-negotiable. Sometimes "fun" approaches work, songs, letting him do it, etc., but only for a matter of seconds, or maybe only for the bottom teeth. We have an appt at a ped. dentist because I am worried about a brown streak and funny-feeling enamel on one tooth. I'm going to try...