or Connect

Posts by happyday8598

Did you have your appt yet, Delighted? Were you delighted? 
 Sometimes the thought of eating all the food on the menu is too tempting. The other morning I went for breakfast by myself and ordered florentine eggs benedict, and buttermilk pancakes and polished off both plates no problem. Another was sitting at the bar eating alone with me, and we struck up a conversation. I was a little self conscious about my devouring these two plates while he hardly touched his own eggs benedict (at only 8 weeks, I'm the only one who knows of...
Fruit fruit fruit is SO satisfying! Ripe cantaloupe last night, pineapple yesterday morn, a simple glass of oj for lunch... This morning I woke up thinking how wonderful a big fruit salad would be for a valentine's treat to me... with strawberries and grapes, ripe mango, of course, more pineapple... Blueberries... Raspberries... PEACHES! Oh, sweet juicy peaches... YES!!! Bring on the FRUIT!!! BRING ON THE WARMER MONTHS where some of these will be abundant in my own...
Becca, I agree with you about the time distance between siblings. I think it could work in favor of a positive relationship. My boys are about 2 years apart, so they've "always" had each other, at least in their conscious remembering of their childhoods. I think in a way their relationship is taken for granted... Not as cherished somehow, or cherished differently. I'm sure in time they'll come to really cherish their relationship, but the closeness in age just makes it so...
I wish I could eat all the deliciousness you are all experiencing! For me, I eat a full meal, maybe a little bit bigger than I would normally eat, and I'm full for the entire day.  My not eating is not due to morning sickness or nausea or anything of that nature, but what I can only imagine is a slowing down of my digestion or something.    Pineapple has been big for me, though. I just can't get enough. Last night I made virgin pina coladas for my man, my boy and I, and...
I told my kids this weekend. They are 15 and 13, both boys. My 15 year old has two younger siblings from his Dad, so he's thrilled. He loves being a big brother to them, though he only gets to see them a couple of times a year. My younger son is over the top excited. I was nervous telling him, considering he's "the baby", and I'm getting older and all that jazz. But he took so well to the news, and has been asking lots of questions about me, my health, what's going on,...
My mw miscalculation of my due date has really disturbed me. Not for myself so much, but for other women who are not so proactive in their own cycles and gestation periods. A two week miscalculation of a due date pretty much sets the woman up for a cesarean from the get go. Scary stuff. I found a website that lists the cesarean rate by state and hospital, but am not finding a site for cesarean rate by doctor. Is this public information? Would I have to call the hospital...
Thanks, Delighted. Hoping you get to hear it. There was a deep desire to hear it for my own sense of confirmation. Not having any pregnancy signs, it would have allowed my brain to really grasp it... Though my heart already grasps it. She said my uterus felt swollen, which I wondered how she knows that, never having felt my uterus before, but her confidence was something! I wanted to wait before telling my boys, too, but... really... I am just so excited to share. We're...
At my first appt the mw told me beforehand she might not be able to find it, because it's typically not heard until 10 weeks.  I can't remember with my other two, but I thought I'd heard it at 8. I'm only 7 now, so was bummed, but not alarmed.  10 weeks? Really?    
Love and light to you, sweet one.