or Connect

Posts by happyday8598

ahem - Attend at least 6 births - Straighten my Posture - Keep myself uncluttered - do what *I* chose, ALL THE TIME, and not do things just bc somebody else asked me to - go through my closests and donate my old clothes - cut back on my eating out habit - learn to keep track of my bills - NO MORE CHECKS! They always bounce with those DAMN $25 service charges to clear them!!! - STOP PROCRASTINATING ON EVERYTHING - Get myself organized for my business - Become...
Down the road a bit? Just wondering! I would LOVE to train to be a Midwife. First thing for me in my heart is to become a Labor Assistant, but I would LOVE to eventually open my own birthing center, and work there as both a midwife AND a doula for my patients. What are YOUR ultimate goals? Love, Emily
What all do you ladies do for clients. Pamphlets, mag articles, videos... How do you help them out with information about the benefits of natural childbirth, and the benefits and risks of medical interventions so that your client can make an informed decision. I want to put this all together so that I can be ready to go with my first client, and have IDEAS of what I'd like to do, but was interested in how others do it, and getting MORE ideas! Love, Emily
Hey there! I'm a single mom who works full time and goes to school part time. I know the feeling of not feeling as though you spend enough time with your child! It's SO hard! You're not alone! I promise! It's even harder, bc it's difficult to get creative with work situations when you don't have another person to compensate in other areas. I'm sure you'll find TONS of support here! By the way, I have a Caleb, too! Caleb Nicholas... He's almost 10...
Let me follow the others and say the BEST day off 2001 was March 13th. The day my sweet little Caleb Nicholas was born. Everyday since, while some moments trying, has been beautiful. Other highlights, starting my first semester back at college, and recieving final marks in Chemistry at B-, and PC Applications at an A-... Growing and learning to love myself no matter what a little more everyday... Realizing my desire to become a doula, and to pursue that...
I've been thinking about this since Owen's been in bed with a fever for 4 days... What do you single mommas do when YOU'RE in bed sick and don't have ANY energy to do ANYTHING!? With no fathers around, you can't just pass them off while you take care of yourself... Personally I grudge through it. I have 2 children, and feel guilty when my family watches them for any amount of time. Last year when I was pregnant I remember being REALLY sick for a couple of days,...
My resolutions are... -- To clean my bedroom and car and KEEP THEM CLEAN! No more of these excuses about not having time... having the boys... -- Not spend so much money on things I could do without... including cutting back on going OUT to eat, or spending money on "silly" little things... -- Start/Finish my Doula certification... get my name out there and ATTEND SOME BIRTHS! -- work on my socializing abilities (or lack there of) ... This year marks a...
Haven't seen the movie yet, but HAVE to see it! Last year when I went to NYC me and a friend were walking through Central Park, and we saw them filming a scene from the movie... WE SAW TOM CRUISE!!!! (hubba hubba!) I've heard that it was a confusing movie, and to REALLY understand it one would probably have to see it twice... though I'm really intense at watching movies, so don't know if this would be true for me... You liked it? Emily
Neither my brother nor I were nursed. That was in 77 and 79. My sister was born in 88, however, and was nursed for 14 months, when she self weaned. Talking with my mother, her looking back, she would have changed her method of feeding my brother and I... Emily
What a BEAUTIFUL birth story! You have me crying of happiness!!! And how special to have the WHOLE family there to witness it. Sounds like it was JUST PERFECT! That's the way a baby SHOULD be welcomed into the world! And how EMPOWERING it is, isn't it!??!!? You will FOREVER remember his birth story! Sounds like it was extremely healing for you! When you spoke of your groaning... Isn't it amazing how your body just does what it needs to do? Our bodies are...