or Connect

Posts by happyday8598

I have a friend with a son named Grayson. At the risk of being judged, he had a brain tumor early in life, and is permanently disabled due to the tumor. I love the boy very much, but have a mental block knowing somebody with that name who is not healthy. I've noticed with a lot of names we come up with, and we (either he or I) know somebody with that name, I always ask, "What's the personality of {person with that name}. If there was a negative association, I tend to move...
I agree, Sukhada. I'm planning a home birth, so she's just my back-up, but my concern is that if she miscalculated mine, perhaps she miscalculates others who are not so aware of these things, and unnecessary medical intervention happens to other women. A 2 week miscalculation is the magic number for this to occur... Not the ideal thing to miscalculate!
I thought it was impossible, too. But I was okay with it! Lol. It hasn't been 9 weeks since my last period.  Perhaps she was having an off day. I think I'll stick to saying, "I'm due in Sept", and probably be pretty accurate with that long of a span.  
As hokey as it sounds, my first two kids "told" me their names. One in a dream, the other hit me like a thunderbolt in the shower one day. His name I would never in a million years have come up with on my own! This one, I'm putting a little thought into. So far, we both seem to agree on Grace for a girl. He likes Grace for a boy, too, but I'm not at all sold on that. We both like Penelope, too, but that one isn't as strong a contender as it was when we first thought of it...
First appt this morning. Sad to not hear the heartbeat, but happy for the confirmation. My last period was Dec 15th. I calculated due date around Sept 20, making me about 7 weeks preggo. She calculated due date at Sept 7, making me 9 weeks preggo.  How is this possible?      
So glad I'm not the only one who doesn't "feel" pregnant. I've heard women say that they just *knew* when they conceived, as though their motherly instincts jumped in right away. I've done this 2x before, and, honestly, without having a positive test, I'd not *know* I was pregnant. I am very tired by the end of the day, and feel like I could sleep 12 hours a night, but I could chalk that up to it being winter, and craving that deep hibernation, so am not sold on it as a...
philomom, those herbs that you've listed have proven time and time again to be toxic. Of course we wouldn't go out and nibble on foxglove, bc we've already established how toxic it is (deadly even). MJ has *not* been proven time and time again to be toxic, but has been proven in other medicinal realms to act as just that... a medicine.  I wish people would stop calling each other selfish for their actions while pregnant. Being pregnant is selfish! Calling each other...
Thank you, Adina.  I'll just let it go. :) 
I accidentally gave somebody a recommendation, but really didn't want to. Can I take a reputation back?
I don't equivocate a manufactured drug as "being safely tested" to necessarily mean anything.  My point is that if MJ is off limits because of the unknown risks, how is Zofran acceptable? Just because a group of scientists who may or may not have all the necessary research to 100% ensure the safety of its use say it's acceptable? Do we really know just how harmful anything is to our unborn child? I'm saying, how dare we judge each other. MJ or Zofran, who knows which is...