or Connect

Posts by happyday8598

It is such a sad sad thing for me to read that you'd stick to Zofran, a manufactured concoction of chemicals that we have ZERO idea of the long term impact to an unborn fetus, but rule out marijuana as a viable option for helping with the same thing. I think of the countless drugs that were recalled well after many to be moms ingested them, only to find out that upon further investigation are actually quite harmful. MJ, though illegal, for political reasons as we've...
The reason that it's illegal is political, more than anything. The general population seems to be waking up to the ludicrousness of this outdated and potentially negligent law.  As for the pesticides on mj, a majority of the food supply of the united states is laden with pesticides, which doesn't seem to be too much in the conversation regarding the health of an unborn fetus.   What's good, what's bad? Who really knows? We each do what we feel is best for our chances of...
I'm finding most of my thoughts are of my pregnancy, and this life force growing inside of me. Do you all find that happened/is happening, too? Also, I haven't shared my news with most of the people in my life, so I'm finding that to be impacting my ability to connect.  I wonder if this mind consuming nature of this pregnancy will subside once "my secret" is out... ???
Alenushka- with all due respect, the article admits to more research being done to distinguish the effects of pot smoke from cigarette smoke. From the results from the actual study, "The most common individual drug was cannabis (OR 2.34 95% CI 1.13–4.81), although the effect was partially confounded by smoking. Both maternal self-reported smoking history and maternal serum cotinine levels were associated in a dose–response relationship with stillbirth. Positive serum...
Since becoming pregnant I've attempted a lot of research regarding pot smoking during pregnancy. It's safe to say the evidence is quite divided.  Maybe I'm looking for the "it's okay to smoke here and there during pregnancy" information, as that's what I'd like to hear, but I came across a very interesting study regarding cannabinoids, of which THC is one. According to this study, women's breast milk has two types of endogenous cannabinoids inherent in our breast milk...
Nice to "meet" you all. I look forward to questioning and answering and everything in between in the months to come. I'm Emily. This is my 3rd time around, but it's been awhile! My older boys are 15 and nearly 13.  I'm around 5 weeks, due mid/late Sept.  Looking forward to my first home birth. I've done the medicated in the hospital, and an unmedicated at a birthing center. Mine as well try out all methods, right? ;) Congrats to us all, whether intended or unintended. It...
Hello all. Congrats to all of us! I've been having these sensations in my stomach, most likely since I conceived, of what I can only describe as full belly contractions. Every few days I have this annoying feeling that my upper tummy and side muscles keep pulsating with tightness and letting go, tightness and letting go. There is no pain associated with these feelings, but it is discomforting. I've been drinking about 2 quarts of water a day, trying for more, but feeling...
I like thinking in terms of "straining" vs heavy lifting. Thank you for that perspective.  newmama I haven't really had that excessive urge to urinate yet. I realized today that I should probably be drinking more water. I thought I was drinking enough, but have been having what feel like contractions, which after researching I see is a sign of dehydration (a symptom only in pregnancy, I'm not sure... but I didn't get them before I was pregnant!), and when you mentioned the...
I am only a few weeks pregnant. I am a tree worker, who lifts tree rounds for several hours a day. My body is well acclimated to lifting, as I've been doing it for quite awhile. I have been avoiding using the chainsaw, and avoid being near the other workers when the saw is running as I can understand how the two-stroke oil is probably not very good (always, but especially now!)   I don't want to tell my employer that I'm pregnant quite yet, as this is not the only part...
Thank you for the info, ladies. Looking at locking into a home birth friendly midwife. So much to plan for, eh!? <3