or Connect

Posts by happyday8598

Hello all. I'm newly pregnant with my 3rd child. Two older children are in their teens now, so this all feels so new to me! I've grown a lot in my politics and preferences through the years, and know that I want to have a home birth. I have a home birth midwife picked out... she's mentioned that some moms want a "back-up" just in case. I have no intention of using a hospital midwife for the delivery, or for most of the check ups, but understand that my home birth midwife...
It's that time of year that the school system requires a physical exam to be on file for my very healthy 12 year old. We have chosen not to vaccinate, so that's one less reason to go. Our insurance is crap, and the cost to me is ridiculous (just to be told he's healthy, active and well within their percentile ranges for a 12 year old). That's another reason not to go. The pattern through the years is that every time we go to the doc, my son ends up sick within a week or...
Hey all. Just wondering how we all move through the frustrations of raising our growing children. Parenting was so easy and enjoyable when they were younger!! The resistance, the laziness, the lingering stagnant space they seem to be in... The breathing down your neck when you just want space to sit and be... Am I alone in feeling ... suffocated some days?  I am looking for ways to better my relationship with my boys, mostly my 13 year old. I recognize that *I*...
Elsie, we moved from Sunderland a last year. I wonder if our kids know each other? Or if we do? Does your 11 year old go to the elementary school in town? I have an 11 year old, too. His name is Owen. Know him? Sunderland is a great town! We're in Shelburne right now, looking for a relocation to someplace else in the area, but will certainly be around this summer, if you'd like to try to connect! Thanks for responding. I'd forgotten about this post Emily
Oh, ladies. This is why I keep coming back. Such wise, wise, loving and supportive souls out there. Thank you Chats. Again, exactly what I needed to hear, exactly when I needed to hear it. This *is* about me. *I* have soul searching to do to figure out my real wants/needs. Time to take responsibility for myself, and to learn more about me. Something that is so easy to run away from somehow, but never looking at these questions is going to keep me running. There...
Thank you for that, Holland73. I am getting close to the point where I can verbally express to him that it's just not working, though I say it in my head all the time. I say all of what you said in my head all the time! But then he comes around, and his soul energy just consumes me, and I'm that lost little girl again, just wanting to hold on to... something. Hope? Heavy hearts are hard to deal with. But as they say, you have to feel the sadness to know the joy....
Hey, all. It's been a while since posting to this site, but after many years, I still find myself back here, hoping for ... empathy? support? validation? I have been single for a very long time. Recently (well, okay, I guess it's been, like 2 years... but that's a whole other complicated story) I started "dating" a man, and things are touch and go with us, seemingly on his terms. The problem is, I want to be with him. After 2 years, he's all I want to be with. But he is...
Shakti, THANK YOU for posting this!! It is with tears in my eyes that I respond to you. Because we are sharing similar emotional shit right now. I don't have any answers, but I have support for you. I feel horrible to say that I am having feelings of not wanting to be around my son, who is 11. It's a hard struggle, but our differences, and his lack of focus/desire to do ANYTHING make me want to turn him over to his father to parent for a while. What's worse is that I...
Good day to you all. I'm reaching out hoping to find other single moms (or anybody else!) in the area. I'm feeling so ... overwhelmed and over-emotional lately. I would love a friend to connect with, to release and to feel "accepted". It feels like wherever I am lately, I am so *different* than those around me. I prefer silence over small talk, am very non-traditional in my thinking, and am seeking an alternative to the rat race lifestyle that I witness around me....
I have a wonderful and smart and loving and nice and kind 8 year old. Unfortunately it seems that all of those attributes at this age don't mean anything if you're socially awkward. My 8 year old can be really sensitive and I'm noticing that the other kids, while they say hi to him when they see him (and he doesn't usually respond, but turns away pretending he didn't hear them), they don't readily play with him. He's very nice and when you're playing with him, can...