or Connect

Posts by happyday8598

I have pretty much narrowed down the time of day that shopping of any kind doesn't work for my kids. As somebody above posted, when they're feeling hungry or tired or haven't had enough one on one contact time with me during the day so their a little (ahem) more sensitive. If I do find myself in the store during one of their bouts of misbehavior, I make no qualms about putting things back that we've already started shopping for and leaving the store. That's only if it...
It's such a sticky thing, this system. They feed off of each other. And any which way, the doctors get their cash. Why do we rely so heavily on the medical community, again? Oi, oi, oi. This is what I was thinking, and was afraid of.
Plummeting, I think you're right on this. I thought I read that immunity was a little longer, but in any case, it doesn't seem that he can have it now, heal, and then get it again anytime in the near future.
My state seems pretty lax with this vaccination thing. Actually, it seems that lots of states aren't so hard up about it. Or at least the people in our school systems that handle the exemption forms have an understanding of the importance of choice in the matter. (the doctors seem to be a whole nother story!) My question is about the stipulation that if an outbreak occurs, having to withhold the non-vaccinated child from school. I strongly feel that we have pertussis...
What do you all know about it? I've been giving it to my family for pertusis, along with lots of vitamin C, mullein, and fresh fruits and veggies, clear broths, etc. I've been told it's the most gentle of anitbiotics, and doesn't harm the helpful enzymes in the body, but basically suffocates the harmful ones.
I thought I've seen threads on this in the past, but can't seem to come up with anything when I specifically try to find it. I am pretty sure my 5 year old has whooping cough. What started off as "just a bad cough" seems to have progressed into something more. I've listened to some sound files online, and all sound exactly like what my son is dealing with, and reading about the symptoms, or lack there of... I'm seeing it's quite obvious. I don't vaccinate, not that...
I am dating a man who is recently seperated from his wife. The divorce should be final by February. He has 3 daughters, only one of whom is at the age where this transition is really effecting. She's 7 and is really having a very very difficult time grasping this whole divorce concept. He doesn't live with the girls, but visits often (daily usually). The mom is ... ... crazy to say the least. She's to the point now where she doesn't want to get the divorce after...
visitation rights from a father that has recently started paying for child support, and now feels that bc he does so is obligated to have visitation with his now almost 5 year old son. He lives in CA and I live in MA. I need to arm myself with my legal rights for denying the allowance of my son to travel to visit his father, seeing as he's only met his father once in his life, and that was only for one week of non communicative "bonding". What are some good legal...
Mamajamz, Boy H is 8, in 3rd grade. Boy C is 7, in 2nd grade. They go to different elementary schools, partially bc of these incidents, partially bc boy C needs more one on one learning. Since boy C reported this to a teacher, the DA had to get involved. DSS has been involved, and most likely still is on some level. I was able to clarify more with C's mom on the bleeding. The bleeding was from his rear, and there were lesions on his anus. It's so horrible to...
Well, I've talked to some people, but I'm still very unsure about what to do from here. I talked to the psychologist at the school, and was very... frustrated with what I got from her. She obviously couldn't discuss much bc of confidentiality issues, which is frustrating. I understand protection for all people involved, but at what point do other people need to know in order to protect their child... the innocent children that need protection from others who don't seem...