or Connect

Posts by happyday8598

I've recently moved to a new apartment. Moving in I found that there are several boys my sons age to play with. I was so excited!! Until... Boy H lives in our building, boy C lives(d) in a nearby building. Yesterday boy C's mom came over and told me they were moving, and she had to talk to me about something before they moved away... It seems as though there are a couple of instances where boy H did some pretty inappropriate sexual things to boy C. One instance...
I have a kitten that's about 3 months old or so, he's been living with us for about 2 months... I think he was taken from his mom a week or two early. It seems as though at night when we're trying to go to sleep, and he starts to cuddle, he starts to try to nurse. He gets a peice of fabric in his mouth, and sucks and sucks and sucks, stretches his paws out, with his claws outstretched pretty gently, as he tries to clutch onto something. It's very much like the...
I am not quite sure if it's private or public, to be honest with you. I'm not sure the difference between the 2, really. It's a federally funded program with minimal fees involved. Kind of mixes the notions of both I had in my head. Emily
I have a 2nd grader and a pre-schooler about ready to start a new school. We're relocating from NH where they only had religious and medical exemptions, but weren't strict with the religious one. I would fall under a philisophical exemption, but that was not allowed under NH state law. It's the same in MA... How strict are they with the religious exemption? Also, does pre-school fall under the same exemptions as a public elementary/beyond for laws? He'll be...
Hey, Sleepies! Great to hear that things are going well for you! CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!! It seems every time I come back to check on you, you're pregnant!!! Well, not everytime, but the 2 times, anyway!!! Don't know if you remember me... I think from WAAAAAY back?? Where you on Babynames??? Good to see your words again!!! Warmth, Emily
My sentiments exactly. However, does the law feel the same?? If his lawyer forwards me over something (that does NOT APPEAR to be a court order) do I have to comply?? Em
I'm getting ready to move with my children, one of whose fathers is being a pain in the ass about the whole situation. He's demanding that I show him 1. a copy of my lease agreement at my new apartment 2. a copy of my employment status 3. a copy of my educational status (I'm going back to college) 4. proof of enrollment of my child in the local school district I have NO PROBLEM with no. 4, however, don't really feel that he needs to SEE PROOF of any of the...
I'm hoping to get a response that will validate my feelings here... I think I will. My 6 year old wet his bed last night. He wets the bed MAYBE 2x/ year. I know that there are many children that wet the bed more often, for some it's even a problem... One that, in my opinion, is not their fault. So I was talking with my best girlfriend and casually mentioned that Owen wet the bed. She made a remark that I must have been furious. I was blown away. I responded 'how...
I am seriously considering going back to school for Early Childhood Education. I beleive that I would love this job, and would really be able to make a difference in chidlren lives. However, I'm not totally into the traditional public schooling experience. I would love to teach in a public school, though, to make some changes and be a good example. I am completely lost as to a good school for ECE. I know there are TONS of schools offering this major, but would like...
I guess that didn't really answer your question. I feel sad sometimes when Owen's father takes him places (when he's around) and leaves Caleb behind. Or when Owen's step-grama takes him places, and leaves Caleb behind. Hopefully that will change soon. How old are your kids? Could it be bc at whatever age they're at, they're a little more challenging to do things with? Have you spoken to your sons father to let him know that BOTH of your kids are YOUR KIDS, and...