or Connect

Posts by happyday8598

I have 2 boys with different fathers. Owen, my older, sees his father somewhat regularly. Caleb, my younger, has met his father once, talks of him often, but never communicates with him. It's not often that the subject of them having different dads comes up. Neither dad is really in MY life. They both live way out of our area, so anybody that knows me and my family, never sees the fathers. When somebody DOES ask about my being a single parent, and I tell them about...
I hope that this works. We celebrated Cal's weaning with a Booby Party. The pics came out awesome, they're all black and white and I was worried about that... But fear not, black and white is amazing!! Here's a handful for you to enjoy! (and I hope you do!!!) http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictu...d6bd055a&idx=0 If the link doesn't take you right to the picture, and you need a username and password, the e-mail is happyday8598@yahoo.com, password, myowen
I'm working on getting pics developed. A couple of problems with the film I loaded. I guess it's "professional" film, and nobody in my area has the means to develop them?? I'm crushed. I soooo desperately want to see them!!! They're also black and white (I just randomly found this roll...), so I'm not sure how they'll turn out. Normally I love black and white, but most of the pics I took, black and white wasn't in mind. I'll share when I finally get them!!! Emily
We made a fabulous boob cake, and I "made" him a t-shirt that proclaims "Official Self- Weaner 2005" on the front, and the back reading "No More Boobs!" He loved both. We were anticipating this day for a long time. My little man is growing up!
Caleb hasn't nursed in 2 weeks today. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! He definately cut down on his nursing during the last maybe year. It was mostly night nursing, with on occasional day nursing when he needed it. Some nights he would not nurse at all. My body must be so confused about this milk production thing! Will I experience engorgement when I'm officially dry (going dry), or since it's been so long of fluctuating, and low milk production, will I not even know that I'm...
YEAH! Thanks guys. I definately DIDN'T want to make him feel like he was doing something "wrong", nor did I want him to feel his body parts were "bad" or "dirty"... I'm glad to know that this IS normal. It just seems a little YOUNG... I'm glad to see it's not. Emily
I have a soon to be 4-year old son who is always in great spirits, not emotionally disturbed or anything. The past couple of weeks I've noticed (usually at bed time, today he's doing it during the middle of the day) that he seems to like to touch him penis and move his hands and butt around while touching his penis. It's always over his pants, but today he was telling me not to look at him. Of course I looked to see what he was up to, and there he is doing it again,...
Chili, It's amazing how similar our lives are... And I second your motion... It's a constant rat race, and it's exhausting. I LOVE being a single parent. LOVE LOVE LOVE it, however it's so difficult to find time to juggle EVERYTHING and still feel confident. The rotating clean rooms, heard. I wish the whole apt could be clean at once, but it's a dream I need to let go. Another thing that I miss is just the connection of somebody else to share this parenting...
Where do I start?? I think this would be a great project for the boys (and myself) to learn through. Emily
I'm starting to get really into mushrooms, but still haven't learned much about them. The boys and I went on a mushroom walk yesterday and had a blast. It was so interesting to see all the kinds we found in just a small area. I'm hungry to learn more!! Right now I just have a mushroom field guide, but really want to grow my own, and just cultivate a happy area for them to grow... And I want to learn ALL about them... Anybody know where to start? Great books? Your...