or Connect

Posts by happyday8598

Hey, boys!!! It's great to see you here, too!!! His father and I haven't established anything in the courts except for child support. He sees his son twice a year. He knows nothing about his education, his schoolmates from kindergarten, what he learned, even his teachers names... Convenient, huh?? Funny how I hear none of this will stand up in court... We'll see how we progress, but I have a great feeling about his "first grade" experience. However, I feel as...
Man, that's really sucky that we've delved so far off the path with education that there is only a certain amount of acceptable forms to education. What about 150 years ago when that's ALL they had for education?? We, as humans, lived for thousands of years without public education. And where do parents rights go?? I will fight this to the core if he does contest. I know my child, love my child, and will know when it's not right for me to educate him anymore....
We don't really have any custody established, so I'm wondering what'll happen with that. I'm in NH, he's in IL, so I'm wondering what the courts will think of THAT situation. (depends on the judge and the day, I'm sure!) Thanks for the links... They look very helpful! Emily
I have decided that I will be homeschooling my 1st grader this year. (bio, I am a single mom of 2, different dads) I have researched about my state and get the definite vibe they do not favor homeschooling so much (NH). My sons father is "contesting" my homeschooling plan. He's contacted a lawyer and is hanging low for now, but at the drop of a hat, he'll press forward with legal demands that I do not educate my child in this manor. So, That's the first question. MY...
We just donated our television 4 days ago, so I'm feeling your feelings!! Have you noticed a difference in YOUR behavior? Cudos to you!!
Britishmum, that was beautiful! It's what I feel and thought inside of me, but didn't realize until I read your words. He does have 3 1/2 years of great memories that are going to be difficult to erase. *smiling a little more now, thank you so much!*
Thank you Jeca... It is a great thing that I made it to 3 1/2... Especially through the comments I hear all around me! It's funny... I post this, and it's been 24+ hours that Cal's nursed. Not really his choice, but last night he wanted to nurse, and I told him the next time he woke up in the middle of the night he could. He never woke up, and in the morning I'd started my routine so wasn't right next to him tempting him with my odors!! I worked all day today, and...
I'm throwing it out there! I'm really excited to move somewhere out West in December, but would really like to find another single mom that would like to share housing/ exchange child-care. Child care prices is the main thing, I guess. Maybe working out some sort of schedule to both be able to work and care for each other's children... Or whatever. Just anybody with a serious vision of relocating but hoping to find a friend. I am a single mom to 2 boys,...
Caleb doesn't understand this whole "mom is done" phenomenon. I've tried talking with him about it, tried coming up with other ways to "distract" him from nursing... rubbing his back when he wants to nurse, laying down and reading a book, gently talking about our day together, tubby time, go outside and play, telling him it hurts mommy when he nurses bc I don't have any more milk in me to give to him. I've talked to him about stopping so we could have a booby party,...
My son is 3 1/2 and I'm ready to stop nursing him. For my own selfish reasons, I'm sure, but I also feel that at 3 1/2 it's not such a horrible thing to encourage. I'm hoping to apply an herbal tincture to my nipple that is safe for him to injest, and also safe for my nipple. Something that doesn't taste so pleasant, that would make him not want to nurse. Comfrey? Licorice Root? What would any of you recommend or what have you all used if you thought of weaning...