or Connect

Posts by Marsupialmom

Bio-mom and birth-mom can be two different things in surrogacy.  I can't get my panties in a MDC knot over this.   Why is being a biomom bad?  Are they less people because they may or may not be parenting.   I am my kids bio, birth, and mom mom.  However, my best friend is just her kids mom because bio/birth mom gave them up.    My dh is my son's dad but not bio or birth dad -that person abandoned him. My dh almost finds being call my son's step dad...
The she won't be teaching overseas.   Seriously, kids can be OK with the separation.  Military families do it all the time. However, it sounds like mom isn't willing to give any.  She wants to teach overseas more for herself and the experience.  She can do this when the kids are adults.   IMO, three different residences in three years is more disturbing than mommy being gone for a year.    Also -- skids??  really sounds like you are calling them feces verses...
  What cultural is he from?   I think counseling would help and you to leave the baby with dad and let them two figure it out.  He is not going to play with the child the same way you do. Did your child need to be played with or could he have done it independently?      As for the long shift -- what is a long shift?  Yes, things shouldn't be schedule but at the same time if he has just worked 16 hours his engagement is going to be different.  You might find that they best...
The reason I asked is because there is real versus imagine risk.   1. She/He fell asleep -- that can be real but a symptom of another issue.  If the child is in a safe place and parent falls asleep because they have just worked a double is different than ignoring your child.  If one parent has to work a lot of doubles or long shifts the situation needs to be evaluated on what is the best interest of the family.  Can the sleeper have a medical issue (my dad had apnea...
What do you think will happen if you went to the gym and left your child alone with dad?   Will dad feed it? Beat it?   Ignore it? Not change the diaper?     What exactly do you think he would or would not do?   What about the situation and your partner do you not trust?     
Learn to play with your kid?  Seriously!! There are many baby books that teach you games for your toddlers.  This is one of them!! I actually had several books with titles Games to Play wit Baby - because my parents never interacted with me this way.  I had to learn from books how to interact with my kids.      It is right up there with playing peek a boo,  this little piggy, making animal sounds, patty cake, or itsy bitsy spider.    
Have you ever thought there was a genetic component to this?  Have you ever visited boards that deal with this?    My son is 16 and he sits on the toilet as a routine after diner. Why?  Because when you eat your body is naturally moving.  But this was after a long time of being on Milk of Mag. (before Mirilax). Yes, I was hesitant to do this because of the side effects. However, with working with the doctor we could watch for the risk.    Heck, using flax seed...
Then you are being negligent and cruel.  You would not say this if your child had diabetes, cancer, or a broken leg.  You would use pharma in those situation.  Encropresis is a medical situation like diabetes, some ear infections, broken legs, and UTI.  Sometimes you need pharma care and this time is one time for your child.  
She no longer feels the pain!  Her system is no longer listening to itself.  The signals are getting mix
Please listen to your GI get that girl on Miralax or Milk Of Mag.  Long term plan to slowly wean off.  MOM was the only thing we had when my son was diagnosed with Encropresis.     What you are doing is horribly painful to your child.  Not everything can be cured with diet alone or "naturally".  That actually damaged my son worse!...