or Connect

Posts by Shoonasasi

I spent months looking for the best apps for my son before I even got my iphone. He's 3 1/2 and has 2 pages of apps already but I believe I've made some great picks in terms of educational and fun apps that keep him busy in those moments where I desperately need him to be IWriteWords - Fantastic app that teaches how to write letters (both capital and lower case), numbers, and words. $2.99 but worth every cent. My son will spend a good 30 minutes following the little...
My son is 3 1/2 and we were in the same boat, trying to find things to fill our day. We've started in the local StrongStart program which takes up our morning from 9-12, but some days we can't go due to the constant colds he picks up there. He loves to walk, and we often walk for an hour a few times a week to the mall and back. He loves the atmosphere. Playdough: I got him a play set with some cut out shapes and an extruder thing that he stuffs with dough and pushes...
Our son's name is Tora. He was named for my husband's favourite book, Shogun (Toranaga), as well as an area in New Zealand (where I'm from). It also means Tiger in Japanese as my husband loves Japanese culture.
My husband has MS, so according to the 'experts' our son as an approximately 4% chance of inheriting the disease. Having no idea about the dangers of vaccines (and the right to even refuse them) until our son was almost a year old, we immediately stopped all vaccinations at that time. I found it incredible that on the insert that comes with the MMR, it states that people with an auto-immune disease should not get the shot, but the nurses at the health center told me if...
Someone posted this today on another site so I shamelessly took it to show you all. I can't seem to find a way to post the picture directly. This link goes to my photobucket, so it's safe. http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...mutilation.png
Thanks so much for your replies. I appreciate it.
Thanks for your reply, traycanadian. My husband had bloodwork done that showed he had no antibodies for chicken pox, which is why they want him to get the shot. I'm not sure if you can have no antibodies and still have immunity?
Hi there, My son is almost 3 1/2 and hasn't has his Chicken Pox shot. Our plan is to let nature take it's course and hopefully he'll get it naturally. My husband (35) has never had CP and has been told by his Doctor to get the vaccine since he's never had the virus, and due to the fact that he suffers from MS he is at even more risk of complications should he pick it up. Now, this is a vaccine that sheds, isn't it? Does this mean our son is as risk of getting CP...
RiverTam, Thank you for your kind concern for my friend's well being, however I am quite careful not to go butting into people's business without seeking their authorization first. My friend was fully aware that I was posting here, and she was very grateful for the information from the first 2 posters, which I e-mailed her last night. She had not been able to find any reliable information herself, and I told her that the people on this forum were kind and generous...
Thank you so much for your replies. I'm so grateful that you shared your experiences with me. I'll pass the info on to my friend.