or Connect

Posts by limboland la la

Darn. I thought I was going to learn something.
We've started doing the hug yourself and deep breaths with our 2 year and 2 month year old.  When she feels angry I'll repeat her feelings and then ask her what we do when we're angry. And she answers "Hug, hug." So then she hugs herself and takes some deep breaths.  And then I hug her. So, I try to give her a tool on how to handle the emotions. Whenever she sees me or her father irritated she'll say "Hug! Hug! Hug!" So, I stop whatever conversation (* argument) give...
I think the point to signing is communication. I found the signs useful as a reinforcement to what my daughter was trying to say. She'd use the same sound over and over for a word but I wouldn't have recognized it as quickly if she didn't have the signs reinforcing what she was attempting to say. Like your child, my daughter stopped signing words that she knew we could understand without the sign. Point being, why sign if your caregiver already understands?
Thank you for replying. Last night was particulary hard. After a couple hours of straight sleep, I'm feeling a bit more sane. Sometimes,I get so annoyed I imagine myself pushing her away or worse. I know she's not doing anything wrong but it's hard not to feel anger. (I'm working on it though). I just don't know how often I'm supposed to cater to requests and how long she should be able to wait. I've got the Happiest Toddler on the Block book and Playful...
Hello. I don't always feel this way but my husband's been working nightshifts. Daughter is 17 months. So I have her all night and all afternoon till he wakes. Then either I'm off to work or he is. I need to study, cook, clean exist and all I hear is Mommy, Mommy, Mommy. She asks (signs) for this, that, this and that. (Eat, light,open, up, nurse, down, water) etc. etc. Anything to keep me involved . I pay loads of attention during the day but come night time my patience...
Hello, I'm not sure what terms to search for this under so if anyone has any quick links on Mothering I could do my reading there. So, sorry if this is redundant! My daughter is one year, and doesn't have any vaccines yet. We are delaying until at least two years. My brother is about to have a newborn, and he does not want my daughter around his newborn as he worries that her unvaccinated status could expose his baby to disease. I want to protect my brother's...
Thanks for this. After posting ()I searched the vaccine archives-- it looks like people who are on individual plans might have a harder time than people on state insurance. Although I can't say I feel entirely comfortable. Last nite I was having heart poundings of imagining some state agency after me, just for wanting to delay.
Hello, I'm posting here because I'm hoping someone can help me fast. I could be wrong but I assume that the "not vaccinating" posters might have more info on this subject. My daughter's 8 months and I've been wanting to delay vax's till at least age 2 (if not longer) but I'm on state insurance in Maryland. (I'm currently just back in the country and as of yet unemployed.) I'm receiving such grief from this from my parents. (The delayed vaccinations). They think I'm...
mine just started spitting up at 7 weeks. Was wondering the same thing as you.
I'm no nursing expert and have only just had my first baby who's now about 7 weeks. But before I had my baby I was terrified she wouldn't latch properly or be able to nurse. I think this was because of all the websites I came across "teaching" me how to create the correct latch. The first couple weeks after her birth were hell. Me trying to get her mouth open and "shoving" her to my breast (or was it the other way around) ; doing it again if her underlip wasn't turned...