or Connect

Posts by aeiou

I had high BP with my first pregnancy. I had a few spikes here and there, then the last week of my pregnancy (before I was induced) I had consistent 150-160/90-110. My BP stayed elevated a few months after the birth, then lowered on its own. I didn't have any other signs of problems or any other problems (urine and blood tests all negative). I had been planning a home birth, but my midwives were not comfortable with this elevation in BP so they transferred my care to the...
Follow up to my dread of having an overly full bladder: I drank around 20 ounces of water in addition to the milk I had on my cereal soon before the time I had to drink the water. I used the bathroom soon after I drank the water (so obviously not emptying my bladder of that water). Apparently that was all fine, as the ultrasound tech had no problem seeing everything she needed to, and my bladder wasn't over full (I had no overwhelming urge to use the bathroom like with...
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is pretty ridiculous. I will hold off on the tea that morning, and I'll keep down as much water as I can. I'm just remembering the horror that was my first ultrasound with my previous pregnancy. It was earlier (12 weeks I think?) and the midwife couldn't find a heartbeat with a doppler so I was sent for an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. If I remember correctly, I had to drink even more than 32 ounces (though maybe...
I made an appointment today for my anatomy scan next week. The prep to insure a full bladder involves drinking 32 ounces of water between 9 and 930, stopping drinking at 930, then not using the bathroom until after my 45 minute appointment that starts at 1030. I don't know if I just have a tiny bladder or what, but I drank around that amount this morning at breakfast (RRL tea and water) and used the bathroom 3 times in the next hour and 15 minutes or so (not quite hour...
Has anyone thought about the potential logistics of having two nurslings? I'm trying but it's really hard for me to imagine how I'll nurse my daughter who will be 2 1/2 as well as a newborn. We cosleep and she nurses to sleep as well as through the night and through her nap. How will I fit a newborn in to that? Is this just something that we'll have to figure out as we go or? Am I overthinking? I'm hoping to borrow Adventures in Tandem Nursing from the La Leche League...
Hi! I'm nursing an almost 2yo daughter. She nurses to sleep for nap, nurses almost constantly through the nap, nurses to sleep for bed, nurses a few times through the night and nurses for an hour or two before she wakes up in the morning (cosleeping FTW!). She's definitely increased her nursing, but I don't think it's related to the pregnancy (I think it's been increasing the past few months or so). I'm kind of hoping to be able to nurse through the pregnancy, since I...
  *Name (whatever you would like to be called or like us to know you by): My real name is Jess, but aeiou is fine for internet purposes : ) (I'm horrible at names and that's the one that's right next to my posts, so yeah) *EDD: June 28, 2012 *Age/ age when the baby will be born: 31 *Location: Jenkintown, PA (right outside of Philadelphia) *How long it took you to get your BFP: I was actually just charting to get into the habit before we started TTC, so it was a...
It's usually towards the end of the meal, like she might be done but still has food in her mouth and didn't realize before she put it there that she didn't want to eat more? She never has the food in her mouth for more than a minute or three, and then spits it out. It's usually bread, but once it was strawberries. I don't know if the strawberries were just a fluke or what, though. Maybe I'll try to pay more attention towards the end of meals so she doesn't get a huge...
Hi everyone!! I'm new here! I'm just starting to actually chart more than just the AF days (started temping this cycle), so I'm looking forward to learning more from y'all : )
My 22 mo DD has recently started getting a big mouthful of food and just holding it in her mouth. She seems somewhat distressed, but won't spit it out or swallow it. She gets more frustrated when I try to help her by asking her if she wants to spit it out in the sink or napkin or something. She's done this once or twice a day for the past few days, and I'm wondering if this is a thing I should be worried about or just a toddler control thing. I'm trying to just let her...