or Connect

Posts by treemom2

After going to the doc and getting blood test results back, there's still no clear answer.  He does have a bit of insulin resistance when doing the 3 hour glucose tolerance test, but his A1C was 3.5.  He does drink a bit of coffee in the morning, maybe 2 cups and will sometimes have an alcoholic beverage in the evenings.  It is definitely worse when he's had that alcoholic drink.  He also just doesn't eat often enough.  We've found that if he eats well several times a...
Ugh, I can't believe how negative this is. . .I thought if I asked my question I'd get some answers, not people being rude to one another.  My DS was just diagnosed in December and I need all the help I can get. . .I DON'T need to get in the middle of an argument when all we're all trying to do is do what's best with this horrible disease.
My son was just diagnosed in Dec 2012, he's 8 years old.  He's always taken CLO until diagnosis then we stopped it for a bit (we ran out and had to wait for the order to come in).  Well, we restarted 3 days ago and his BG readings have been up around 300 since we added it back in.  Have you ever heard of such a thing?     To the OP, we've also been eating a primal/TF type diet for a few years now and the hospital diet totally bothered us.  We are now trying to slowly get...
The doctor told my husband to make sure he eats before doing any exercise, he recommended a baguette (ugh) and to make sure he's eating several times a day.  Now my husband is keeping some juice with him for when I tell him he's acting funny. . .problem is, he doesn't realize that it's happening. . .so I have to be there to tell him or he just gets fall down drunk with it.  I wish there was a way to get him to recognize when it's happening so it didn't have to go so far...
Well, I finally got him in to the doctor.  The doctor also said it probably isn't diabetes, but said it does sound like severe hypoglycemia which is really rare.  He asked my husband about his diet and when my husband said that we're grain free. . .well, that's all the doctor could focus on for the rest of the visit.  He told my husband that he has to eat bread, pasta, and baguettes (we're in Belgium lol). . .my husband was bummed because he feels much better since we've...
For the last few months, my husband has been almost falling down "drunk" at least 3 times a week from low blood sugar:  he can't finish sentences, he trips over things that aren't there, he says mean things to the children and me, when he eats food falls out of his mouth all over the table, he can't remember anything that he's done the next day, and he usually falls asleep pretty quickly after the symptoms start.  He's been trying to eat more, has eliminated grains, and...
I'm still here in Belgium, but not on mdc as often as I was when my kids were a bit smaller :)  I really like it here now but it was hard in the beginning. . .especially coming from Japan.  If you have questions I'd be happy to try and help you with them. . .I sent you a personal message.
Hello :)  I'm Barbara and I've been in Belgium for two years now.  My husband is a teacher in the Mons area.  I'd love to get together with other like minded mommas.
I think finding time to myself is the hardest part of homeschooling.  I do belong to three book clubs, so I get out three evenings a month and our homeschool group has a mom's night about once a month so I get out for that as well.  I do find myself getting jealous of friends who get to go out to lunches, go on travel trips during the day (we live in Europe and groups of moms take the train to Paris, places in Germany, etc. . .), who get to join clubs to meet others when...
I think it all depends on the temperature outside, the age of your children, where you will be, etc. . .  I left my babies in the car to run in and pay for gas, in the driveway when they were sleeping as toddlers (we lived on a mountain with no way they'd be abducted and it wasn't too hot or too cold and I left the doors open to hear them), etc. . .  Now, they are 10 and 7, I let them choose if they want to go inside places with me.  They often choose to stay in the car...