or Connect

Posts by mamui

Quote: What is seeing your childs first step worth? Making cookies together? Teaching your child colors and how to read? SAH with your children is just too important. Its not necessarily an either/or. I work and do these things. you could have been in the bathroom when your child had her 1st step...maybe you really saw her second step? I put other because if I don't work, where would the money come from? If I had a trust fund or something for...
Quote: sugar is the most important thing to eliminate from your diet. Ans that includes all simple carbohydrates ie: anything white; bread, rice, pasta etc. if its white it all breaks down into simple sugars more so than whole grains. [or some thing like that] anyway...avoid the white food
try accupuncture. I've had alot better luck with it over chiro.
I vote for a second opinion!
Quote: and never really drinks juice. sometimes a sip of ours. ooo, stop doing this. the adult mouth has alot more bacteria that a childs but you can unfortunately pass on the adult bacteria to the kids mouth, permanently by swapping spit. we did alot of singing while brushing and goofing around like every two brushes we'll say CHOMP and she would chomp on the brush [and I'd patiently wait for her to re-open. ] How bout in front of some favorite...
thanks for all the useful replies. She falls asleep every day at school and it is required that they lay on their mats to rest [don't have to sleep] but she always does. And the reason I need her down by say ten is because I have to get her up by eight for school [so I can get to work.] I have noticed that she needs over ten hours of sleep a night. Joan, your post: "I don't think you can *make* someone go to sleep, and if she's able to be up and playing...
From what I've heard, it is advised to not do any detox-ing untill you are done breastfeeding. Because the toxins will get into the milk. you should be able to clear up the thrush without detoxing. [but I know the feeling--ya just want to really clean up!] try eating raw foods, cutting out dairy or wheat for a while and exercising more for temporary cleansing.
welcome mama! Its a huge adjustment but you will work it out. you don't have to make all the changes at once. But do protect your finances from the ex. do establish a framework of scheduled visits--don't let him get in the habit of dropping in whenever just to see the baby. do ather your friends and supportive family around you. try not to emotional shop in this peroid. do be easy on your self do read "the good divorce" take care and stay...
Mama, I feel for you!! you need a game plan. Gotta get her in on lovin' and caring for the baby. I think there is good info on how to do this in the book "how to become the parent you want to be" and "siblings without rivalry." I am a single mama of one intense child so I don't really know what it is like but I do know about intense children. She wants to be involved and do it just like you--to really help! No dolly with a fake diaper for her...right? reeally...
ok, but what did you SAy to them to get them to go along with back rubbing etc. and how many books exactly did you have to read every night before they fell asleep on their own? these days we will read 5 or 6 books, nurse 5 min them she wants to read more books, or get back up and play or something then nurse again. It can go on like thisfor 3 or 4 hours. Usually I conk out before she does. Lately I've been telling her that she must stay on the bed but she can look...