or Connect

Posts by faythe

Quote: Originally Posted by LynnS6 The basic question I ask my kids is "Are you telling me this to get someone in trouble or out of trouble?" If you're telling me to get someone out of trouble, I'm all ears. If you're telling me to get someone in trouble, I'll reflect your feelings back to you "You sound really mad that T knocked over your tower." Now that my kids are older and better able to understand, I have begun to ask whether they want me just to...
those are cute! I love SKR, but they are so wide. All of my girls outgrew them by width before length.
4 girls in 40 months here. dd3 is 19 months younger than the twins and dd4 is 21 months younger than dd3 It's very, very hard. If I could do it again I would take multiple precautions to ensure more spacing between them all. I really feel like I missed my older three girls' babyhood, and a lot of the youngest, too. Thank goodness I took a lot of pictures, because there is so much I wouldn't otherwise remember. I do think that there will be a payoff in the years to...
at 17mo I wouldn't worry. Your doc should ask about it at your next well-baby visit. Worst case scenario is that you are referred for an eval. Receptive language is a much better indicator at this age, and from your op it sounds like she has it down just fine. Chances are good she will suddenly be chattering your ear off in just a few more months.
My dd3 (vbac #1) was 19 months after my c-sec. The suggestion to check with your care provider is a good one. The issue of timing never came up when I was pg with #3, but the climate is changing.
nope, like most of the pp it didn't even occur to me with my first vbac (3 days) the biggest thing that worried me was having to have another c-section. with my second vbac I didn't have time to worry about anything
yes, definitely go to a pediatric opthamalogist! My dd1 got her first glasses right at her 2nd birthday. Her eye doctor is wonderful, he has all the tools and equipment to entertain and examine the littlest kids. Not to mention his rapport with the kids is outstanding. Dd's sisters like to come along because it's so much fun. BTW, when you make the appointment, ask if they will dialate his eyes. They always do it with my dd (the doc said it's much more...
persistence and distraction if she really doesn't like the tie one, you may have to just put it away in case of a windy day. My girls all wear hats (and one wears glasses, starting at age 2) and only one of them would have been willing to wear a hat that ties under the chin at that age.
Quote: Originally Posted by indieand ... Being a single WOH mama of two under 3, who needs that liiiiiiiittle bit of precious sleep, I need to make this as efficient as possible! What do you suggest for supplies/strategies that won't have me changing entire beds twice every night? TIA! Keep using pullups or diapers at night. If your dc is still using the diaper, particularly during sleep, it's a sign that they don't have the control and...
no one ever died from cold feet, right? when my dd did this I just put the shoes and socks in my bag and let her go barefoot. If she wanted to walk, "oh dear, you don't have any shoes on, I'm sorry you have to stay in the backpack/stroller/shopping cart". Our house is poorly insulated and they all run around barefoot all day so just having cold feet doesn't bother any of them one bit in fact, time to go get the older girls from school and the 2yo will be going in...