or Connect

Posts by gypsymomma4

so far the main contender for a girls name is Victoria, but I can't decide on a middle I like with it. for a boy, I would like george benjamin, George for my grandfather, and Benjamin was the middle name of a dear friend who died a year and a half ago. But DH hasn't even been willing to talk about names yet. I don't think he's really accepted that we are having another baby yet. I mean I know he's aware of the pregnancy, just not the end result. Hopefully...
I finally got some of my maternity clothes back from a friend who had her baby May 15, I told her to still hang on to the pants that still fit-she had an emergency-c, and needs real loose soft stuff still, and to hang on to the tops she can nurse in. I already loaned her my nursing shirts. anyway, I got to put on one of the outfits, and it doesn't fit. It is something I wore at 7 months and beyond with my last preg. And I know I have gained more weight than I...
wow, my boobs have gone from 34b, to 38 d. to 40 dd, and back way down to 32a, and variations in between. I pretty much gave up on bras. I did order some sleep/nursing bras online from Motherwear, they are bamboo fiber, and are probably the softest thing I have ever worn. Now at least I have something when I need to wear one. I'm still hunting for comfortable undies, I only have three pair that fit now.
I didn't get this at all with my first, and with my third it didn't bother me, but with my second, I blamed it on how incredibly active he was, and how sick I was in the begining. My doc said the throwing up might have actually had something to do with it. With my last preg. I was put on bedrest at 20 wks, so I had to be careful how I moved, so I don't remember it being an issue, the round ligament pain was though, ugh, I'm loose jointed anyway, you add relaxing...
I got some pretty good deals at our local Motherhood store, 75% off, but the best deals were at Yonker's. I got nice tops and pants for 4.99 ea. they were like 40% off the already 50-75% markdown price. I even got some new undies there for half off. I think with the current economy folks just aren't buying as much, I know I won't pay full price for anything if I can help it. I loaned out almost all my stuff, and I haven't gotten anything back, but two pants...
appt. went pretty well, next appt. 6-12-08 to see a preg. physical therapist, and then 6-19-08 for the 20 week u/s
I almost always eat a snack before I go to bed, and I still wake up in the wee hours of the morning hungry, sometimes a glass of water is enough to tide me over, but not always, and usually wake up to get up for the day, super hungry as well.
There really is nothing quite like holding that nb tiny baby for the first time. That overwhelming rush of love is just bliss.
I feel for ya. I have not been through this with a family member, but once with what was a very close friend. we got preg. within weeks of eachother, and both were excited, as were the dads, but while I was in the midst of planning my wedding her SO wasn't interested in getting married at that time. Unfortunately she m/c, and then pretty much avoided me for months- because it was to painful for her. Later that year-before I had my oldest dd she did end up getting...
Congrats Did you tell your friends and family you were going to get married then, or did you tell them after?