or Connect

Posts by sweaterarms

I'm feeling so overwhelmed by motherhood lately! My DD just turned 9 months and has been a wreck for the past couple of weeks. Last week she wouldn't take any naps at all when she had been a great napper before, and she was waking up every 45 minutes almost all night long. She's sleeping a bit better this week, but has now taken to screaming - a very high-pitched shriek horror-movie style - very often at the slightest provocation (diaper change, unwanted change of...
Hi - I posted a few days ago but wanted to post again to solicit some advice about how to keep nursing my 7 month old. She's started preferring the bottle to nursing lately and it's really frustrating. She was almost EBF for the first 4 months, but then we were travelling a lot and her formula intake, which had been about 0-4 oz a day crept up to about 12-14 oz a day. I started getting worried about that and so have been really trying to cut it back. She's now back down to...
I was using the Medela slow flow nipples, but went and bought the preemie nipples today since they're even slower. That seemed to help a little when putting her down to sleep tonight - it was definitely much slower and she switched back to the breast to finish nursing which she hasn't done much in the past couple of weeks. I keep trying not to give her the bottle at all and just keep switching sides on the breast, but she'll scream and scream and I can't take it for more...
I've been breastfeeding and bottlefeeding my 7 month old since birth with not too many problems - she was mostly breastfed with some pumped milk and some formula. But we went to Asia for about a month near the end of March and while there she was bottle fed more frequently since we were driving around a lot. Since we came back we've been having terrible nursing problems. She screams and screams at the breast probably 50% of the time now. I've been trying really hard to...
So glad to find this thread. I've been going out of my mind with my 6 month old. In the last couple months, she's become an insane screamer who goes from perfectly happy to the perfect storm of anger and screaming in a second. She wasn't like this in the beginning, so I know it's not colic. I've been so afraid this is just her personality and she's destined to be really demanding and angry. I guess we'll see what happens with that, but it gives me comfort to know other...
My baby is 5 months and I also have a real lack of sexual desire since she was born (and for awhile during pregnancy too to be honest!). I don't know if it's the breastfeeding. I feel in my case that it is more about feeling "touched out" by the end of the day since you spend the whole day (and pretty much the whole night too) nurturing and holding someone. Much as I love doing it, I do crave some solitude and time to just be, so even though my husband is just being sweet...
I was really nervous about BFing in public too for awhile, but my baby is 5 months now and it's become so natural. If you just keep doing it it does get easier and easier. I agree with trying it out at friends' houses and places like that if possible where you can sit more comfortably and feel more at ease. I used a nursing cover at first, but it was a big hassle after awhile. Now I just always wear a tank top under my shirt (I have a million of them!) and I pull the tank...
welcome!
welcome!
welcome - and welcome to the new baby I'm sure you've had by now!