or Connect

Posts by Devaskyla

Please take this anonymous survey about UC if you have ever planned or had a UC. It's an attempt to get decent safety stats, among other things. Ideally there will be over 1000 responses. Good & bad outcomes, transports, etc.   I really, really hope to get a lot of replies.   http://www.eSurveysPro.com/Survey.aspx?id=bbc98d9e-af20-44b4-b231-674394860c9f   If you belong to any other UC forums, please share it there.   Thank you   ETA If you have...
A sticky thread where midwives can post if/where they're willing to travel?Leave it open so they can change their posts when their situation changes.   I would suggest a group, but they're harder to find
On refusing the flu shot. Thought this link might be useful.   Has anyone else noticed "flu season" is slowly increasing to cover the whole year?   http://tenpennyimc.com/2012/07/19/healthcare-workers-refusing-flu-shots/
Is there a list anywhere of traveling midwives and where they're willing to travel, as well as whether they'll take women who are pregnant with twins or who are planning VBACs?
I've had 3 UC's, so yes. :)
After 3 VBAC's, your risk of rupture is extremely low, nearly the same as a woman with your number of children who didn't have a cesarean.   I've had 3 UBAC. My only concern was placental implantation in the scar. I do know of 1 woman who is certain she had this issue. Since she wasn't bleeding excessively, she simply waited for the placenta. It took 2 days.
I think it's more likely you're further along than you think, despite your precautions. Do you have a fetoscope & know how to use it? At the very least, you need to try listening for different heartbeats. It really is important to eat much better & much more for multiples. Personally, I would have an ultrasound to check, but I do know many stories of women who had twins and didn't know until they were birthing (including a woman from my due date club)
My first VBAC had a 15 hour "pushing" phase. He was OT and got stuck behind my pelvic bone. Took several hours to realize he was stuck, couple more to figure out how to unstick him ( hands & knees made it worse), then no contractions for 2-3 hours, so I slept. Then about 6 hours of ineffective pushing from exhaustion and an hour of effective pushing that got him out.   My next 2 were about 45min of pushing & about 2hrs.
The vax increases the risk of shingles for everyone. Shingles used to be entirely a disease of the elderly who weren't regularly around children with chicken pox to have their antibodies renewed. Children getting shingles is new and due to the vax. I remember when the vax first came out & young children started getting shingles. It was shocking. Now it seems no one thinks twice about kids getting it, not just once but repeatedly.       Your friend needs to do more...
I looked and didn't find a thread about this article: Dr. Andrew Moulden (Interview): What You Were Never Told About Vaccines http://vactruth.com/2009/07/21/dr-andrew-moulden-interview-what-you-were-never-told-about-vaccines/   He lists all his qualifications at the beginning of the interview and they're pretty impressive.   Some points from the interview:         (76 words)   It's a long interview but I found it really interesting.