or Connect

Posts by SweetTeach

To OP: Lead and an up to date medical are required (current within the year...ie. last medical was June, 2009 is fine until June 2010). Record of immunizations or religious exemption letter also required. TB test is not required. It is up to the director's discretion on how strictly they enforce the records being up to date, but when DOH (dept of health) does an assessment of records at the preschool, they will cite the school for any missing/incomplete records.
Trying to figure out what booster to get for my 4 yo. He's very tall and heavy, 52 pounds and 44 inches. We have a Volvo station wagon. Is there a thread here that discusses pros/cons of different boosters? I'm overwhelmed ATM and trying to use the recent safety rating thing that came out in Dec as a starting point but I feel like I don't have enough info to really make an informed decision. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.
DS is 3.5 On days which he takes a nap (most days), he is asleep by 8:30 (till 7 am) No nap days he is usually asleep by 7 or 7:15 (till 7 am)
In Park Slope there's: Boing Boing (6th ave, union st) Lolli's (7th Ave, 1st st) Lulu's cuts and toys (5th Ave, Bergen St) Area Kids (across the street from Lulu's, another one on 7th ave btw union/president there are so many more...visit parkslopeparents.com for more ideas in and around park slope Metro mini's is great, by the way! (upper east side)
Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by SweetTeach View Post Hi bigeyes: No, they are very different lines of work. One related to legal field, one related to food and community work. Legal. That one feels stronger to me. Thanks bigeyes. I'll let you know what happens! You must be tired!!
Three has been a pretty intense and exhausting age for us. I came searching here yesterday for SOMETHING to give me some hope. This thread actually made me and my dh feel better. It's not us and it's not our ds. It's the AGE. I knew this, but my goodness, sometimes you just need to know you are not alone in the madness.
Hi bigeyes: Quote: Quote: Originally Posted by SweetTeach View Post Will my dh get one of the two jobs he's recently applied for? One would be very stable and close to home. The other would be a challenge, but something he's wanted to do for a long time now. Thanks! are they the same type of work? No, they are very different lines of work. One related to legal field, one related to food and community work.
Will my dh get one of the two jobs he's recently applied for? One would be very stable and close to home. The other would be a challenge, but something he's wanted to do for a long time now. Thanks!
Quote: the fact that the marketing for Elmo is so insideous. Elmo is absolutely everywhere that toddlers are it seems and after reading Consuming Kids and realizing that there are people out there who's job it is to make my child nag me to buy MORE MORE MORE of whatever product Elmo is selling, just makes me want to vomit and scream any time I see Elmo. Sorry to say but this is a chicken/egg conversation. Sales of SS dvd's increase by 50% when Elmo...
Whoa I was planning on emailing her friend to find out the updates and here is this post on "new posts"! Congratulations Celeste! I hope the boys gain weight and get to come home soon. So glad you made it to 32 weeks!