or Connect

Posts by HeidiMcD

Over one shoulder? How does that work?
Does anyone find using the torso carry hard when you're a nursing mom? Any breast pain? My DD is 25 lbs and I'm hesitant to do the torso only back carry b/c I'm still nursing.
Does anyone have a photo of tummy to tummy in a pouch that they can attach?
I have been doing this transfer with my DD since she was 7 months old. I undo the top clip, and take off both arm straps. Then, holding her with one arm, I loosen the waist strap and move the Ergo around to my back. Once the Ergo is in place I scoot her around and onto my back and then pull the straps on again. I find the transfer from back to front way easier, when I do that one I don't take her out, I move her and the carrier at the same time. But for some reason I like...
Try to stay away from carriers where the babies' legs dangle. Those are bad for hip development. Babies should be curled up, or if they're old enough to have their legs out, their knees need to be parallel to their hip or higher, so that they're sitting on their bum, not their crotch.
My DH loved wearing our DD in the Baby Buddha (www.babybuddha.ca) until she was about 8 months old as well. Now it's Ergo Ergo Ergo for both of us.
This is an awesome baby wearing coat - just new this season. http://www.themcoat.com/
Another really good shop for baby carriers, as well as for maternity and nursing wear is www.evymama.ca.
Hello mamas, The Toronto Breastfeeding Challenge is this Saturday, October 11th, 2008! Date: Saturday, October 11, 2008 Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Place: North York Civic Centre, Council Chambers, 5100 Yonge Street Registration begins at 10am -Lunch will be served -Fab prizes! -First 300 guests will receive a giveaway bag! -Free parenting classes (Babywearing basics, CPR, Baby Sign Language, Infant Massage, and more!) This is THE breastfeeding...
Evymama has excellent baby carrier selection. They'll demo every carrier for you and let you try them all on. Check them out at www.evymama.ca. The store is located at Jane and Bloor in Bloor West Village and they're open every day.