or Connect

Posts by SouthernStormy

It's looking like I"m out Spent 7 hrs in the ER due to spotting. Not something I would have normally done but I suspected some thyroid issues before pregnancy and when I started spotting I suspected low progesterone. I don't have an OBGYN here yet, so I was hoping the ER could prescribe progesterone if needed or refer me to someone ASAP. They ran my numbers and I was at 165 (when I should be at least at 200 at the bare minimum). I go in Thursday for followup HCG...
Hi I'm Stormy. I"m 30. My EDD is August 30, but I went to 41 + 5 with my 2 yo DD, so I joined this group instead. I have a feeling this one is likely to go just as long and end up a Sept. baby. This will be child #2, my other child is a 2yr old little girl born late August of 2011, so she will be turning 3 around the time the baby is born. I'm just guessing a boy from our timing (not done purposely but everything we did lines up with "boy" using the Shettles Method)....
Mama's Shepards Pie Ingredients: 1 head of Caulfilower 1 lb of ground beef 1 lb of cheddar cheese 1 can of tomato sauce 2 tsp onion powder 2 tsp garlic powder 2 tsp seasoning salt 1- Brown ground beef, drain, mix in tomato sauce and spices. Place in a square casserole dish 2- Cut cauliflower head into small pieces (1 in or so). Boil until tender 3- Mash Cauliflower by using a potato masher or putting into blender 4- Place mashed Cauliflower on top of ground beef. 5-...
Me too! The 2 WBV we did in Austin they used a measuring tape, so when we had to get check out in GA for something and they measure Mags that way I thought it was absolutely brillant!Mags hasn't his 9 months yet, but I weighed her a few days ago and she was 16 lbs- such a shrimp!, but I was only 14lbs at a year, so she gets it honestly
Yay!So far Magnolia has her bottom two center teeth and we got lucky with those - didn't realize she was even teething til I stuck my finger in her mouth. I've heard the other ones are more difficult to get through.Magnolias new "thing" she is doing is trying to go from a sitting to a standing position on her own. She only tries to do it in the bed when its sleepy time. Makes bedtime so much more fun *sigh*.
Thanks Becky, I will certainly try! I've been pretty good at making mama friends on this base, so I"m hoping that continues to the next. I've found that if I put myself out there, there are other mamas who are desperately in need of friends too If anyone is doing a storybook them check this out: http://pinterest.com/pin/85498092896060510/ TOO CUTE!
We found out where we were going a week ago. We are going back to the place we both struggled to get out of - southeast, GA. I've cried about it, bitched about it, stomped my feet about it and now come to a peace about it. Mom is in her mid 70s and we will only be an hour from her, which will be nice because I do worry about her often. She is excited about us being back and she gave so much to me, this will be a chance for us to be there for her. We will have to be...
I feel slightly like a bad mom because I don't enjoy giving magnolia baths and thats what usually happens when she has food. Right now she gets a few tidbits of food every couple days. I tend to cook and eat when she is asleep bc its so much easier. So far she has had: avocado bananas strawberries mandarin oranges apples spinach middle eastern chicken (chicken tenders with tumeric, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, mustard, olive oil) chickfila grilled nuggets (we were out...
Oh my, how big all our beautiful babies are getting! I just went back and looked at the first couple pages of this thread... they were all once so tiny If you are on my FB, you are probably sick of Magnolia pics by now (but we have to put them up or family would fuss they never get to see her!) Craft time, snack time...it's all the same to Magnolia Visiting Daddy at the barracks Makeshift playpen She randomly threw her arms up in the air. I was laughing so...
Have we had this topic before? If so, forgive me, my memory isn't what it use to be. We all had ideas of what sorts of things we were going to do with our babies. Some we have stuck with and others we have let go... Or like me, never started. So what has it been for you? Things I have stuck with- Cosleeping Cloth diapering (I think I've surprised even myself with how long I've stuck with it BAby led weaning Things I let go- Elimination communication- I got good at...